Battery replacement suggestions. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2013, 7:03 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Battery replacement suggestions.

I may be chasing the wrong squirrel, but my K75S is having "sputter" moments at low RPM, and the fuel filter was changed 5,000km ago, and I just replaced the battery...which is always on a 2A tender when not being ridden daily...probably overkill. Anyhoo, the battery I replaced it with was one "reccomended" by our local automotive supply shop, but I have heard BMW's are picky about what brand/type to feed them. My manul says 20 amp, but I suspect the one I bought is only 16...as the model number is 16CL-B. Otherwise it runs great, idles fine, and goes like a kid with no hesitation...above 3,500 RPM...seems to be an issue between 2,000 and 3,500. Any input, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Someone mentioned that I should switch to premium fuel...I dunno...what say ye all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2013, 5:59 am
PsyKotic Waterfowl

When your bike is running it is getting electrical power from the alternator, not the battery.

One possible cause is that the boots between the throttle bodies and cylinder head have aged and are cracked and leaking. Spray some starter fluid around them at idle. If the RPMs go up then you've found your problem.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2013, 7:40 am Thread Starter
Noob

Mine is fuel injected.,,,injectors are clean, all hoses, clamps, and plugs like new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2013, 2:42 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rusty
Mine is fuel injected.,,,injectors are clean, all hoses, clamps, and plugs like new.
All K bikes are fuel-injected. And they all have boots between the throttle bodies and cylinder head that eventually get old and crack. Are those "like new" too?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2013, 3:31 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Sorry about that...too many bikes ...yes they are like new with no leaks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode