Stalled mid-ride and wouldn't re-start - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2013, 10:32 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Stalled mid-ride and wouldn't re-start

Sorry to litter this forum up, I jumped on a thread already but figured I'd start a new one.
I was riding my 93 K75 after replacing the clutch cable. Had sat a few days, but ridden 30 miles an hour before this trip, still fairly warm.
20mph going around a turn and the bike stalls, lights still on. No bucking like fuel, I heard the engine die and I clutched to a stop.

Wouldn't re-start, tried with choke, let it sit for 10,20,60 minutes and retried. Starter motor is turning freely, I hear the fuel pump whirring after start button is released, and I feel pulsing on the aft fuel line feeding the rail.

I'm about to get into it today and just wanted some more advice on things I should be checking, (im gunna hope its a clogged fuel filter)

but fuel light should be working as it lit on sidestand and did not while I was pushing down the block. Checked computer connnection should be good. Could there be a connection issue with coils where starter still functions?

Panhandling on Brooklyn Bridge for a spare clutch plate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2013, 4:53 pm

One thing to consider is the clutch cable. Did you tie wrap it to other wires that might connect to the ignition switch or the kill switch? That can lead to connection problems when turning the bars.

On my 85 K100RS, neither the starter nor the fuel pump fire when the kill switch is hit. So, this is probably not the problem, but worth considering.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode