94 K1100RS Naked - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2015, 9:48 am Thread Starter
Noob

94 K1100RS Naked

I recently purchased a 94 K1100RS. It needed a new clutch which required removing the fairing. I like it better without the fairing but need to and new headlight, and turn signals. I would also like to change the handlebars. . . Raising them so I can sit up higher.
I have looked on the net and see stock naked K75s and & K100s with the round headlights and turn signals as 1 unit and separate. Does anyone know if the parts from these bikes will fit my bike.
Ty for your thoughts.
Steve N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2015, 5:21 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1100RS
I recently purchased a 94 K1100RS. It needed a new clutch which required removing the fairing. I like it better without the fairing but need to and new headlight, and turn signals. I would also like to change the handlebars. . . Raising them so I can sit up higher.
I have looked on the net and see stock naked K75s and & K100s with the round headlights and turn signals as 1 unit and separate. Does anyone know if the parts from these bikes will fit my bike.
Ty for your thoughts.
Steve N
Steve I did this same conversion years ago and it does work. I have a complete K75C fairing and headlight that I will not be using.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2015, 8:49 pm
Noob

For higher bars, look for used "C" or "RT" bars. The C are not as tall as the RT

Eric W.
Dallas, TX
1991 K75 RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2015, 8:52 pm
Noob

Shoot, one other thought. If you do go to higher bars, you might also have to replace things like your clutch cable and choke cable.

Eric W.
Dallas, TX
1991 K75 RT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2015, 9:10 am Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMetal
Steve I did this same conversion years ago and it does work. I have a complete K75C fairing and headlight that I will not be using.
Boxer Metal,
Ty for your response. I will take a look at the K75C and get an idea of what you have and what it looks like. How much would you sell that for if it is for sale?
Rider1100RS
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2015, 9:12 am Thread Starter
Noob

Eric,
Thank you for your thoughts. They are much appreciated.
Steve N
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 10:46 pm
ckp
Noob

Bars

Hello Steve and others,
Freshly registered to forum.
I put these 2" risers on my 96K1100RS tonight. I don't want to jinx myself, but these things are great. My surgically repaired wrist is much happier and my bike still handles well. My dashboard doesn't fit anymore. It looks quite funky zip-tied to my handlebars and I have to slide the key through the hole. I will probably put a longer brake hose on later for some peace of mind. It's on the edge of being a rubberband depending on the handlebar position.

I like your idea about making the bike naked. I'd like to do that as well. I found 2 extremely cool naked 1100's surfing around.

http://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.co...2--BMW-K1100RS

http://s218067289.onlinehome.us/spec...8/DSC01381.jpg

I'd also like to be able to put the fairings back on to take trips. Is that your goal, also?

Peace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	risers.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	18362  

Last edited by ckp; Jun 5th, 2015 at 10:52 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode