2nd K75 project, 87 K75S, 25000miles - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2015, 12:21 am Thread Starter
Noob

2nd K75 project, 87 K75S, 25000miles

Hello all. This is my first post on this board. I'm about to embark on my 2nd K75 build, a beautiful metallic red half faded to orange 87 k75s, left to sit in a garage for a few years. The bike is clean, but has the usual trouble with the fuel pump not working. My friend sold me the bike and a bunch of parts for $1200. He put some money into the bike, setting it up with led turn signals, running lights, brake lights etc. He put a new starter in it, and one of those new small, light batteries that last forever, a 12 cell, that after he had let it sit with no charge for a year and a half, cranked over the engine like a house a fire. He put a bypass to the fuel pump to see if it worked, and it did, but sounded weak. I know that there are many scenarios in which the fuel pump is kept from working because there is something amiss with the bike like the side stand switch (if there is one ), the fuel level sensor, etc. In my opinion he should have never done the bypass and done the research, tackling each issue till it worked the way it was designed to work. It was good to know that it at least worked, as with only 25000 on the bike it should, but I am thinking that if the bike turns over but won't start, the rubber sleeve may have deteriorated and clogged the intake. .. I won't know till I open it up I guess. Funny thing is that it has power to the tank connector, but none beyond that.. I love a challenge --like doing this post with one finger on my phone ..I'm rambling. We are transporting the bike here next week, and I will fill you in when I know more, with plenty of questions when I get stuck. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 10:50 pm Thread Starter
Noob

fuel pump woes

How many reasons are there that the fuel pump does not come on when the starter engages? I know that the pump is operational, and the bypass my friend installed works, but I want it to run the way it was designed to run. I'm hoping my friend hasn't fried the computer.

I guess I need a direction to start in. What do you think?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode