Please help with no spark - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 2015, 10:08 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Please help with no spark

Hello thank you for reading, ok so my dads friend gave me this k75s sweet right? He got it from someone that thought they were a bmw expert so you can guess from there lol, everything was apart so I reassembled accordingly and connected all the connectors and put gas and a battery in it and went to fire up and no spark, so I began to research.. A lot.... Couldn't find anything pertaining to my situation so i started hunting things down, ignition box: replaced, efi brain: replaced: wiring harness: replaced coils: replaced, luckily the man next door to our Harley shop has a ton of k100 parts and k75 parts, still nothing all lights come on except water temp light and it cranks over the fuel pump works just no spark, I turned my attention to the hall sensor, tested that maybe it might be bad, I get 12v to the coil but nothing is telling it to spark, for the hell of it I put a k100 hall sensor thinking that it won't spark at the right time but it will still spark but nothing, I literally don't know what to do now, should I change the boxes again? I have about 3 or 4 each lol but only one hall sensor and I don't want to spend 500 if I don't need to, please help me and thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Use the search function for a start (pun intended), there are many "bike won't start" threads on this and other groups.

Fuel, air and spark are required in the right amounts at the right times.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 2015, 6:59 pm
Veteran

Motobrick forum is most probably a better place for questions related to the K75/100.

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2015, 8:31 am

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode