K75 water in cylinder one injector seal leak? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2019, 11:41 am Thread Starter
Noob

K75 water in cylinder one injector seal leak?

Hi everyone, just got myself a K75 1989 and had picked it up from previous owner who has stored it uncovered in his back garden for the past 2-3 months.
Upon trying to revive it I noticed that it wouldn't turn over, thinking it was the starter I tried the usual trick to no avail which ended up costing me a new (2nd hand) starter and relay.
Now I removed the spark plugs to see what was going on and when removing cylinder 1 plug a load of water came gushing out! but it wasn't coolant as the coolant in the motorcycle is green and this water was clear.
Has anyone else had an issue of the injector seal leaking rain water in?
trying to figure how it has got in??
any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Twitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2019, 6:51 pm
Noob

Could the previous owner attempted to start the engine when the tank was full of water?

bwong24
R1200CLC
K1100LT
K100RS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2019, 10:23 pm
Noob

Seems much more likely that the water just rained in. If the tail pipe is uphill from the cylinder, or if the seat is missing, it could have just come in from the airbox. It would just depend on what position the engine was in and what valves were open when it was parked.

I once was given a Kawasaki KZ400 many years ago that had been sitting outside. It actually had leaves in the crankcase.
It did have a cracked crankcase, but really - leaves? It was a lost cause. I used it for parts to keep my other one running.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode