Motorcycle Shelters - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 7:51 am Thread Starter
Addict

Motorcycle Shelters

Am considering going from a full bike cover to one of the Cycle Shelter type products as I have to keep my bike outside year around. Do any of you have or have experience with any of the following products:

- Cycle Shelter - by CycleShelter Products, Oakdale, Pa.
- MDM Motorcycle Shelter, by MDM Products
- The Bike Barn
- Cycle Dome, PDK Designs, Chicago, IL

It seems a big question between the products is if a "floor" is a positive or negative item. The CycleShelter has the floor built in, while with the other products they offer a floor mat that goes under the shelter sides.

Any experience or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Hanshi
2007 BMW K1200LT (black)
2004 BMW K1200GT (grey-green, sold)
Reading, Pa, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 10:09 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanshi
Am considering going from a full bike cover to one of the Cycle Shelter type products as I have to keep my bike outside year around. Do any of you have or have experience with any of the following products:

- The Bike Barn

It seems a big question between the products is if a "floor" is a positive or negative item. The CycleShelter has the floor built in, while with the other products they offer a floor mat that goes under the shelter sides.

Thanks in advance.
....I have the same problem....but i built a shelter off the back of my deck...it works ok but not much room to work.....but....Was looking at some sheads at lowes...and they have some pretty nice setups with insulated walls windows and sky lights...and plenty of room for bike and tools...and work space....$2800..gives you a great shelter and a place to monkey around......add lights and heat...what more could you ask for....oh..and a reefer for the beer ...but if you just want a cover....i would go with the cycleshelter...looks like it has plenty of venting...and a good floor....but in winter i would put mothballs around to keep out critters.....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2007, 8:46 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanshi

Am considering going from a full bike cover to one of the Cycle Shelter type products ;
- The Bike Barn

- No experience with any of the ones listed above but at one time <since sold> I did own a Cycle Shell.

http://www.cycleshell.com/index.html

- It was a damn good, well made product and works as advertised. Thats not to say its better than your other choices but if I needed one again I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

-ebill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2007, 2:12 pm
Enthusiast

Got a cycle shell, I live near Boston and use it for part of the winter only when it snows. I bought my used from a friend. I broke a fiberglass rod (old style) called cycleshell they sent out new metal bar (they use now) - Dealed with the owner I believe- he sent ALL rods free for the rods just paid for shipping.

JUST KEEP A SNOWBLOWER AWAY FROM THE CYCLESHELL - I tore the front off in the last snow storm - not a good move.

Good luck

'91 K75S
'06 K1200S
BMWMOA # 119240
Yankee Beemer # 153
NRA # 154764753
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 2009, 9:45 pm
Noob

Shelters

Speed-Way Shelters in Santa Cruz, CA. makes a really nice, easy to use shelter that comes in two sizes. I have the smaller version that I used for a Vespa and now use for my K1200S, both fit. Contact at speedwayshelters.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode