Easy Park Dolly - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 10:59 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Easy Park Dolly

http://www.bmwsantacruz.com/Merchant...t_Code=1624660

Excellent product. I've been using it for about two weeks and I am very pleased. You have to be carefuly getting the bike on and off the dolly, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy, you can push the bike right up against the wall, and move it around with relative ease. Best of all, I don't have to back the minivan out to get the bike in or out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3858.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	8081   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3859.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	8082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3860.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	8083   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3861.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	8084   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3862.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	8085  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Given that the GT sits heavily on the front wheel when on the centerstand, how difficult is it to move the bike around when it's on the dolly? It would seem that you would need to put quite a lot of downward pressure on the rear rack, or somehow lift the front wheel, in order to make the dolly effective.

Another question...most would agree (I think) that the GT is not the easiest bike to get up on the centerstand. I presume from the photos that it would be even more difficult to haul the bike up onto the centerstand when its "legs" are on the dolly, because there is obviously less distance (and a greater "angle") caused by the additional 1 to 2 inch height of the dolly's base (I hope that makes sense). Is this an issue?

Thanks.

Bud
2006 K1200GT - Graphite
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 7:50 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Good questions, Bud. If you maneuver the dolly and place it just right, it's easy enough to get the bike on the center stand...maybe 10% harder than without the dolly, but by no means a herculean task. You do have to be careful, though, both during getting it on and off the dolly. Regarding maneuvering the bike around after it sits on the dolly, the front wheel doesn't know that the rear is on the dolly and behaves as though nothing has happened, but the bike can now be swivled around in all different directions. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad...not perfect, but a huge improvement over stock configuration. It helps that my garage floor is smooth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode