Interest In Frame Guards for K1200S/R/R Sport/GT? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2008, 10:42 pm Thread Starter

Interest In Frame Guards for K1200S/R/R Sport?

There's a gentleman on the V-Strom boards that makes frame guards that fit on the lower frame above the foot pegs where your boot rubs the finish. He would consider making the same thing for the BMW K1200S/R/R Sport if there's enough interest. Looks like the cost would be about $25. Here's a description from the V-Strom site.

"I first made these for my bike because I was concerned about scratching the frame by the foot peg area on my black '05 Strom so I designed and cut these protectors on my Plotter table at work. I was really pleased with how it turned out and thought other owners may be interested in them too.

The material is 12mil thick 3M protective film, available in black or Carbon fiber look."

Here's the thread if you'd like to read the whole thing.

http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=106878370596

Here are some pictures of the guard on a V-Strom.

It would look similar to this on a K Bike. Just talking about the frame guard here, the heel guards are already available in the aftermarket.

At this point I'm just seeing if there is enough interest for him to proceed with making a few sets. Post up if you think you'd buy a set.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jetpilot5; Jun 29th, 2008 at 12:00 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2008, 12:59 am Thread Starter

I went back and edited out the GT from the post but I see it's still in the title. A little research shows the frame for the GT is a bit different so I'm not certain the frame protector for the KS and KR would fit. Sorry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode