Evoluzione License Plate Relocator Install - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 5:27 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Thumbs up Evoluzione License Plate Relocator Install

I have an enclosed trailer with a Baxley Chock installed in it which gave me EXACTLY 1" clearance when when my last bike.. a 98 K1200RS was rolled in. I had heard that the new K1200S had a longer wheelbase so I wasn't sure that my new bike would fit in the trailer without me having to move my Baxley forward an inch or so... a major PITA...I'd rather have a salt encrusted flaming stick jabbed into my eye than have to move the chock..

I went to pick up my bike, rolled it on to the trailer .. closed the door and the light of the license plate holder just touched the rear door, but did close.. Not bad!! Very lucky.. I covered the light with tape for the trip home and while the tape was all marred up when I got there, the light casing was unscratched. But to avoid future probs, it looked like I'd have to move the chock forward afterall.. dang.

Had been dreading the 4-5 hour job until I saw the Evoluzione plate relocator adverstised.. Ordered one for evaluation.. got it installed today and here are the results...

First..It's a very simple yet very well designed device. Quality is first rate.. even the packaging is nice. Better than some of the products we sell. Instructions are VERY easy to understand (with pictures) and the install itself took me less than 20 minutes. Everything fit perfectly. I could do one now in 1/2 that..

I took before and after measurements and the new position puts the license plate light EXACTLY 1 7/8th's more inward... meaning.. the bike is now almost 2 full inches shorter.. My problem is solved!! While the change isn't visually drastic... it is much sleeker and actually still looks factory. You can see in the pic that the plate light is now actually under the tail light rather than sticking out so far. Mongo happy. Judge for yourselves... Opinions?

Nice work Evoluzione!! http://www.evoluzione.net/

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 7:53 pm

Jerry,

Are you going to carry them?

Patrick Darke
2006 K1200R
http://www.ekrad.com
[email protected]

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 8:01 pm
Veteran

Jerry, is there any cutting involved? Is it possible to return it to stock after the install?

2005 BMW K1200S - Gray
2004 BMW K1200RS Zebra, sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 6:16 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Follow-Up

P.. Not sure if we'll carry them or not...FYI... I usually choose things with two criteria in mind... A. Demand..and B. Is it something that we MUST have... for safety or aesthetic reasons.

The Evoluzione Kit is a great kit but until I start getting requests I'll refer everyone to Ken.. the manufacturer. He's a good guy and their prices are fair.. They seem like a first rate company and I like the way Ken thinks... Out of the box.

Sir Catafish.. No.. no cutting or mods necessary. Plug-n-play.. a luded' out chimp could follow the well written instructions. and yes.. it would be relatively easy to change back to stock.

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode