Moving to switzerland, advice needed - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 3:46 am Thread Starter
Noob

Moving to switzerland, advice needed

Hi there, I will move to switzerland within the next 3 month. Anyone has some advice what internet provider I should go for. Most likely I be based in Zurich but I will be on the road alot. Thanks in advance. S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 7:55 am

Hi there Mate,

So you are coming to the land flowing with milk and money....well less money now that UBS is basically broke.

There are 3 providers (in order of size):

Swisscom (Ex Gov't) here
Sunrise here
Orange here

The pricing of all three are more or less the same. The main difference is if you have family in CH, or long distance c alls, that type of stuff. Internet costs about CHF40.-pm, landline CHF25.- pm + calls.

If you are on the road a lot, then I would strongly suggest the 3G (no, not the iPhone) internet for your lappy etc. The coverage is excellent along the main corridors, and pretty good until you get up in the smallest valleys.

What sort of bike do you ride? Have you been in CH before? Where are you moving from?

Hope this helps.

Bloke

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember engineers built the Titanic, but amateurs built the Ark...

There is less to fear from 100 horses under the saddle, as from the 1 donkey on top.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 1:09 pm
Noob

Moving made easy

Gruzi When I moved to Swiss I had lots of trouble find the right DSL Provider. Have a look at DSL provider in Switzerland was a great help to me. But basically there are 4 major players. Swisscom, Sunrise, Cablecom and Orange. All of them are more less the same, however they vary greatly in price.Best of luck, Blatent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode