Hippo Hands - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2005, 4:50 pm Thread Starter

Talking Hippo Hands

A few weeks ago we were discussing Hippo Hands, well, thanks to this forum I contacted Hippohands.com and got a pair. I suspect that I may be one of the very very few that have this fine product in the State of Maine.

They are soooo cooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am riding without any gloves at all, it is difficult to wave however.

Sumner
K12GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2005, 5:25 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumner
A few weeks ago we were discussing Hippo Hands, well, thanks to this forum I contacted Hippohands.com and got a pair. I suspect that I may be one of the very very few that have this fine product in the State of Maine.

They are soooo cooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am riding without any gloves at all, it is difficult to wave however.

Sumner
K12GT
But, you're hands are warm? Also, you might want some glove protection. For the same reason you wear a helmet and boots...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2005, 7:26 am
Enthusiast

Hippo hands

I tried a pair on a long trip in March. They worked great for keeping my hands warm but at highway speeds they pushed back hard enough on the clutch or brake lever to disengage the cruise control. Took them off without trying to reposition or secure them in a different way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2005, 9:46 am

I ride year round, and the Hippo Hands have made it nice in the winter months.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:42 pm

Quote:
Sumner-

Do you have any pics of the Hippo Hands on your RS? What did you do for mirror cut-outs? I have a set of ATV handlebar muffs. They don't have a large enough hand hole so they are difficult to get into. Could you give me your opinions on the ones you got. Thanks.

Matt
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 3:45 am
Addict

how hard is it to get your hands back in them while at speed? That was always my concern and reason for not trying them. Hate to have one hand out to poke at a button or something and get tangled up trying to do the "oh my god!" stop thing.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 5:25 am Thread Starter

Mirror Cut / hand hole

The Hippo Hands have a slot for the mirrors and velcro closes the slot. This maks an easy install.

The hand hole is significant however the more clothing you have on will diminish the ease of in and out. There is a safety issue here, one should keep their hands on the grips at all times. There is a disclaimer packaged with the hands.

Visit the website www.hippohands.com and evaluate them.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 6:22 am

Quote:
The Hippo Hands have a slot for the mirrors and velcro closes the slot. This maks an easy install.

The hand hole is significant however the more clothing you have on will diminish the ease of in and out. There is a safety issue here, one should keep their hands on the grips at all times. There is a disclaimer packaged with the hands.

Visit the website www.hippohands.com and evaluate them.
Sumner-

Thanks for the link. Which models did you order as they don't list them for the K12RS? Also have you ridden with them yet? One thing I noted when I had the other ones I've got at higher speeds the parachute effect hit the front brake. Thanks.

Matt
'98 K12RS
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 10:57 am
Veteran

Wink Hippo Hands

Matt wrote:

Which models did you order as they don't list them for the K12RS?

===============

Matt-

Look again they are there under 'BMW K1200RS/GT' for $54.95
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 7:33 pm

Quote:
A few weeks ago we were discussing Hippo Hands, well, thanks to this forum I contacted Hippohands.com and got a pair. I am riding without any gloves at all, it is difficult to wave however.
I used to have a set of the original Hippo Hands made by Vetter. I also liked them and found them quite effective. But they do tend to push back on the levers. If you can install a set of hand guards, it would be ideal. When the temps become too warm for the Hippo Hands, you remove them and are left with protection from Hand Guards. In hot weather you can remove the hand guards.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
Gerbing G3 heated glove review
http://pages.videotron.com/mcrides/p.../g3-gloves.htm
:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode