Aria Helmet Owners: Need Advice - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 3:44 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Aria Helmet Owners: Need Advice

My brothers and sisters.. Need some Arai helmet advice... I'm close to pulling the trigger on a particular Arai Quantum 2 helmet.. The helmet I want has been discontinued for 2011 but the graphics on this 2010 model rock my world. It's being replaced by the RX-Q which is essentially the same helmet with minor improvements....

My question is to all the Arai owners as I've NEVER owned an Aria... While looking at these earlier today (including other model Arias)... it looks to me like the shield will NOT stay in any position I put it and stay.. Instead.. it looks like you can lock it up or lock it down, but when you're moving it's NOT gonna stay up unless it's all the way up.... As I ride 50% of the time with my shield slightly cracked and perhaps 1/2"-1" open.. this might be a deal breaker...

So to you Arai owners... can you leave your shield open in whatever position you want? or is it up or down??

BTW.... Thx but I'm NOT wanting suggestions for other brand helmets.... I know there's a lot of cool options out there, and I'm sure someone will be chomping at the bit to "inform" me that their chosen lid is better.. or cheaper.. or lighter.. or quieter... or has bigger breasts...etc etc.... Not interested....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 4:35 pm
Rookie

I've got 2 of the older RX-7 Corsair and I have no problems running them with the shield at various open positions. I am looking to replace one with the new RX-Q and although I haven't paid close attention to the shield opening situation, I would be surprised if it is different. From what my folks at my local shop have said, the RX-Q is a more street oriented version (quieter/etc) version of the current Corsair line.

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back you've highsided"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 9:58 am
Noob

Arai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
My brothers and sisters.. Need some Arai helmet advice... I'm close to pulling the trigger on a particular Arai Quantum 2 helmet.. The helmet I want has been discontinued for 2011 but the graphics on this 2010 model rock my world. It's being replaced by the RX-Q which is essentially the same helmet with minor improvements....

My question is to all the Arai owners as I've NEVER owned an Aria... While looking at these earlier today (including other model Arias)... it looks to me like the shield will NOT stay in any position I put it and stay.. Instead.. it looks like you can lock it up or lock it down, but when you're moving it's NOT gonna stay up unless it's all the way up.... As I ride 50% of the time with my shield slightly cracked and perhaps 1/2"-1" open.. this might be a deal breaker...

So to you Arai owners... can you leave your shield open in whatever position you want? or is it up or down??

BTW.... Thx but I'm NOT wanting suggestions for other brand helmets.... I know there's a lot of cool options out there, and I'm sure someone will be chomping at the bit to "inform" me that their chosen lid is better.. or cheaper.. or lighter.. or quieter... or has bigger breasts...etc etc.... Not interested....
I very seldom lock my Quantum visor closed when on the move , no need to . I close it without locking and when I need some air I lift it and It will stay in the position I want .Is there not chance of you trying a friends on before you purchase just to be sure .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Arai

Also no problem with shield in multiple positions... but the RX-Q is a totally new shape from the other shell shapes, make sure you try it on first!

"08 K1200GT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2011, 7:42 pm
Noob

I have an Arai Quatum. Visor stays up at 55-60 mph as long as I am looking straight ahead however if I look down at my gauges it will close automatically. I have had it for about 6 years and love it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2011, 11:47 pm
Noob

My Arai Profile shield stays open without problems. I prefer it at the first click/detent unless I am going 45 mph or more. Then it starts to get noisy so I close the shield and use the plentiful vents it has to stay relatively cool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode