Tank Bag Recommendation for '92 K100RS? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:21 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Tank Bag Recommendation for '92 K100RS?

What bag would be the best fit for my bike, please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2006, 11:13 pm
Enthusiast

Check out the Chicane bags. I have their Canyon (I think model EX) Tank Bag and a duffel. High quality stuff. Very pleased. The 3M reflective piping really helps with visibility too. The owner rides a K-bike. Good luck.
www.chicaneusa.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 2006, 8:29 am
Addict

Tank Bag

Here's what I have, for what it's worth. Now, I have a 2002RS and this should work for many bike applications. First off it's a Cortech(Tourmaster) system. I call it a system because of it's versitility/interchangability. The model of bag is the Tri-Bag. Check it out on the TourMaster site. Now it looks big in the picture when it's put together, but when you get it home, it's even BIGGER! Yikes! Personally, I like to see my speedomoter, I'm weird like that. With it being so big I had to think fast, so here is my set up. Follow me here,it can get confusing.
There are two bags that zip to each other, the smaller one being on top. This smaller one also expands. There is a base that attaches to the tank, via magnets or straps. I choose the straps because a magnetic one wiped out my bank card once, not good, that was on a steel tank model I had. Both bags will zip to the base independently. I placed my smaller bag on the tank. With it expanded, I can still get many items in it, especially my CamelBack hydration system. What did I do with the other large bag you ask? At this point I have an extra base on order for it. Until it comes in, I fenagled a way to use it as a seat bag. It does not expand, but it is large and has two huge side pockets, a pocket in the front and a pocket in the rear. The seat bag holds all my small items I need when I bet off the bike, cigs., tire guage, cleaners, sunglasses, etc. When I'm just buzzing around town I use the small bag alone. The reflective piping is very impressive, there's lots of it. Zippers are huge, and the slider handles snap in place so they do not flap in the wind. All in all, you can put the small bag on the tank, the big bag on the tank, or both bags on the tank, it's a great system that I found by mistake, so to speak. Hope this helps you out some. I'll try to get some pictures to you. Take Care

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2006, 5:01 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

All: thank you for the advice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim,

I look forward to the pics. You can email them to me directly at [email protected].

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode