I keyed my new locks for my K1200s luggage. Understand that I was willing to buy another set of unmatched locks and send them to a locksmith if needed so I went nuts. The unmatched were ~28 bucks and the matched were over 100 so I though I had a few swings at the plate
First, I put my ignition key in the lock. Then I filed the tumblers flat. This step was a little tricky because some have to be held on the opposite side or the file just pushes them down but does not remove metal.
When this is complete insert and remove the key multiple times to make sure it will work and will not stick. Mine was very sticky. This is dependant on how much material you have to remove from the tumblers. I found that one of my tumblers was drastically reduced and would hang up on the outer edge of the cylinder.
Next I used needle nose pliers to "tug" on the tumbler and it came right out. None of the others would move. I did this on the matching set and the same thing happened.
I cleaned all the shaving impregnated grease off the cylinder and regreased and installed them in the bag.
Life is good.
BUT: One of the tumblers is not there from a security point of view (I dont view this as a big deal, but a locksmith would give you a better result).
My projects are usually more detailed but this was very experimental, and I was not expecting success. I also do not know how to get the cylinder back out so I guess I'm done.