Trailers - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 1:28 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Trailers

I need a trailer for hauling my KRS. Single bike, open type, easy loading a plus, needs to be compact to allow storage. No 'baby' size wheels/tires accepted ('cause I want some reassurance I'm going to make it to my destination). Would only be used a few times a year to get to faraway rallies.

Deep South Trailers < deepsouthtrailers.com > has a small trailer that appears to meet most of my specs. It sits up on its butt for storage and is reasonably priced at about $1,500. It's only a day-trip away if I want to pick it up at the factory as well.

What do you guys think? Anybody got another good candidate they might suggest?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cycle Trailer.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	2203  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 3:24 pm
Addict

Bill,
That trailer looks like it puts alot of weight on the tongue. May be OK if you have a heavy tow vehicle. Seems like they're close enough for you to check it out in person.
These folks set the standard for a simple to store trailer:
http://www.kendontrailers.com/
I've used one (borrowed) and they tow great!

Bob Weis
Astatula, FL
'74 R90S '04 K12RS
www.earplugco.com
You rarely see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office......
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 6:02 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

The Kendon

Thanks for the tip Bob. For some reason I hadn't seen the brand before. Like the looks except I'm not sure if the tongue weight is any less (from looking at photos on their website). I like the idea of the castors on the butt which allow rolling it around even after it's upright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 8:13 pm
Veteran

Bill, have you considered putting a wheel chock on a landscaper type trailer? Very handy to have around. Not so easy to store though.
See you at BRPR!

mike

02 K12RS (Molested)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 1:02 pm
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
where are you?

I work for one of the largest trailer dealerships in the U.S. We're in Toms River NJ (75 years) Please feel free to PM me or post. www.hechttrailers.com

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....

Last edited by 2tall2fall; Apr 22nd, 2006 at 1:10 pm.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2006, 4:56 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Chose The Trailer!

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, even you Mike. As it turned out I decided in the end that the Kendon-built single-bike trailer was the one that seemed to fit my requirements best, so I picked one up from a local dealer today. It's compact and (in accordance with their advertising), turned out to be easy to store when I got it home.

Seems soild enough, and I'm hoping too that because it's a well-known brand I can get a reasonable dollar return for it when the time comes to sell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rtsingle07.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	2271  

Last edited by K_Biker_Bill; Apr 29th, 2006 at 5:06 pm.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2006, 6:50 am
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Kendon's a good choice for what you need/do. Just give the trailer and wheels (the chrome ones I presume) frequent coats of wax and try not to leave it outside exposed to the eliments for long periods of time. AND, make sure you keep those damn threads on the loading ramp studs (the ones that hold the ramp to the trailer for storing) greased or the wing nuts get to be a major pain in the ass when ya try ta get'em off....Cool? Make sure that you really squish down the bikes shocks when strapping it also.....2t2f

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode