BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

BAGSTER PICS - public service post

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  radiowazee 
#1 · (Edited)
I've bought a Bagster tank cover and tankbag. It wasn't easy. The Bagster website is quirky and the US importer, CIMA International, has no site at all. Never having seen the bags in person I made a mistake and had to swap one for another until I was happy. I put these pictures together hoping to make it easier for someone else.

The first pic shows the tank cover in place. I was pleased that I can keep the mounting ring for my SW Motech tankbag (photo 2) in place for when I want to run a small bag; the Bagster's are large.

I intended to order OMEGA, which consists of two bags, one smaller, one larger, which can be mounted individually or zipped together. Instead they sent me ALPHA. This is the bag that FLYBOY runs and he likes it. The next three pics show it empty, fuller, and fullest. It was too big for me and I was amused to see that the BAGSTER logo had been embroidered upside down.

The next one I tried was TEKTRA, which is similar to the popular ATHENA, but which features a map window which covers the whole lid. I love a map. The next pics show TEKTRA progressively filled up.

The last two pics show what I like so much about TEKTRA. It is high enough in front to rest my chin on, and the ass end kind of folds down and doesn't stick into my chest. I can really recline on this thing. One pic shows the rear-end standing up and the last shows how it folds down upon itself.

The products are really well made and come with a raincover and straps galore for use as a backpack or shoulderbag. You will want to keep your eye on CIMA since they have a way of sending the wrong thing (note that the tankbag is not the same color and the tank cover....I gave up and kept it). That's the whole story. I hope that someone will find it useful.

EDIT: Make picture 6 be number 9 and you're in business.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Bill -- I know you asked for pics of mine ages ago -- just never had the camera and the tank protector on at the same time. Here's mine ...

I found the Athena bag to be too big (it hit me just below my sternum). The Athena bag I have is the same as Bill's, but in black, if anyone wants it ($120 - that's half price and I'll include shipping).

More pics of the cover here: http://radiowazee.smugmug.com/gallery/1581247

Howard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.