what do you do with your gear? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 9:53 am Thread Starter
Addict

what do you do with your gear?

When you go into stores, eat lunch,etc. I lock mine up on the bike with a bicycle cable lock, or take it with me. If I had lockable bags I would use them. As easy as my tank bag comes off I lock it to the bike too. At night in a motel it all comes off and goes inside the room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 10:42 am

gear... drag it around

I usually keep my gear on... it's a pain and a waste of time to take it all off and put it back on. The inconvenience of dragging it all around does not outway this fact. Plus it helps limit the amount of stuff I can purchase. Hence, my motorcycle habit is saving me money.

Plus dragging my gear around keeps me from worrying if some crackhead is messing with my stuff.

ONON-
Mark
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 12:16 pm

...plus wearing your gear around is a good conversation piece and/or freaks people out like you just farted. Only item I don't bring with me is my helmet, which I lock up in my givi top case because my nolan does not have a d-ring to lock to any helment locks (besides a chain type).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 12:39 pm Thread Starter
Addict

ever been stopped going int o a store and asked to leave your gear at the door or counter? Doesnt happen often but it has. I understand the kids wearing a backpack and stuffing it full goods but an old guy with a tank bag?. I have seen some stores with signs " no back packs allowed" I guess to avoid profiling it has to apply to all?I have carried my gear too. Tank bag, and soft saddle bags, jacket. A real pain but it is the safest. I keep thinking at that point how nice the system cases would be.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 3:17 pm

Throw the gloves over the triple clamp, the jacket on the seat and hang the helmet on a mirror.
Leave the V1 and Garmin mounted and usually don't take the key out of the ignition either.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 3:22 pm
Enthusiast

Amen Brother
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 3:48 pm

I am not one of those "rider rights" zealots, that said...It has not happen to me, but I would just leave if they asked/mentioned it. I am not one to fight the fight, instead take my dollar elsewhere. AFAIK, most in municipalities/townships will have a law against wearing a helmet inside a business/gov building. Otherwise, it's like anything else, up to the business/owner to decide...aka no shirt, no shoes, no service (or dice )
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 4:28 pm Thread Starter
Addict

maybe i need to practice my badass image more lol I do have theft insurance on the bike and i think my homeowners will cover some. Maybe im making too much out of it
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 4:44 pm
Enthusiast

I usually take all my gear with me. If the bike is in line of sight then I tend to leave the stuff on the bike. If I am going to be walking for any period of time I will strip off the riding pants and boots.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 2:41 pm

I take everything with me. don't trust no one. I am worried enough about leaving my machine!!
I do leave the tank bag on, with only a few easily replaced goodies inside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode