K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion - View Single Post - Info Request: Russell Seats
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2007, 10:48 am
jearls
Will ride the miles ...

I've had Russell seats on older Yamaha FJ1200's and on an R1150GS. They do very good work. I did three Iron Butt Rallies on that GS and one with an FJ, all on Russell seats. They are not visually attactive but if you are riding the bike, you don't have to look at the seat.

However, I *highly* recommend that you take the time to do a ride-in appointment. It's time well spent to get the perfect fit.

Nothing against Russell but I chose to have Rick Mayer build the seat for my new GT.

And here it is with the auxiliary tank I'm building.

I called Rick to set up the seat appointment a few months before I actually took delivery of the bike. I went with Rick this time because he is also an IBR finisher and thus has a direct understanding of the seat requirements for the type of riding I do.

We did the ride-in appointment just before Xmas. It took a total of about 5 hours and I was back on the road. That included fitting the driver seat for me and the rear seat for my wife.

Jeff Earls
Portland, OR

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome