Arai Profile Faceshield issues - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2007, 5:22 pm Thread Starter

Angry Arai Profile Faceshield issues

I love the fit and finish of my Arai Profile Helmet.

I hate the LRS ADSIS whatever the heck it is shield removal system. I have watched the video on "How to do it" and it is still difficult. (And I'm not a stupid guy... I think)

Today I busted one of the shield side covers that goes over the hinge point while being EXTREMELY careful to remove the shield. The dealer where I bought it said, "We don't carry parts for those... Just contact Arai Directly."

I went to Arais website and:
- Their weblinks don't work
- Online Manual doesnt work
- Online videos don't work
- No address for the company
- No phone number for the company

I opened a service ticket after giving them more information than my wife knows about me. A few minutes later I recieved this link:
http://araiamericas.com/Customer_login.asp

AND IT DOESNT WORK EITHER!

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get my helmet fixed?

"Lord, Be Kind to Me....the Sea is
So Big, and My Boat is SO Small"

2002 K12RS
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2007, 8:14 pm
Enthusiast

My previous helmet was an Arai Signet that I loved the fit and feel of but hated the shield removal procedure, just like you. That was one of the reasons I chose not to go with an Arai when I bought my current lid. I just can't believe that the people at Arai think their shield mechanism is good compared to what Shoei, Shark and Scorpion have out just to name a few.

'03 K1200GT

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2007, 8:40 pm
Noob

wrong coast, right island

http://www.theservicepavilion.com/

Really great bunch of guys. They'll have whatever part and whatever advice you could need (re-helmets).

WL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2007, 7:32 am
Veteran

I got a kick out of the sales guy at Cycle Gear demoing how easy it was to change the Arai shield when I was looking at one to buy.

He broke the store's demo model.

I think the manager said they have to send it back to "Helmet House." Must be their distributor.

Fwiw, I needed a piece for a Shoei once: the ratchet mechanism wouldn't hold. They sent a pair of them to me for free.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2007, 3:58 pm
Enthusiast

I'll have to agree Arai customer service is AWOL. Regarding the shield removal and replacement, I have fear of breaking something everytime I change out. Been lucky so far. I am usually on the side of the road making the change after a long day of riding, going from tint to clear shield. Love the helmet, but what were the engineers thinking with the shield???

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2007, 4:12 pm Thread Starter

Smile The Service Pavillion Saved the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
http://www.theservicepavilion.com/

Really great bunch of guys. They'll have whatever part and whatever advice you could need (re-helmets).

WL
Good News...

I spoke to a VERY pleasant lady by the name of Brianna at The Service Pavillion this morning. I purchased some parts, and she said that she would also send me some instructions AND a CD to refresh my memory / skills on the shield removal and installation process.
My experience talking with her was so pleasant, I'm just gonna pay for the parts I needed, and put The Service Pavillion in my list of "must use" vendors.

Thanks to all who replied to my meager rant!

2002 K12RS
Dave
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2007, 11:47 am Thread Starter

Smile Arai contacted me...

I appreciate those who do follow up posts, so I figure I should set the example.

ARAI did contact me via their "service ticket" process and I had a text mesage exchange with them. 'Kathy' was very helpful, included a phone number where she could be reached, and is sending me a new "Left Pod" for my helmet. (I'll have an extra if my fat fingers can't learn to do the shield removal any better)

She went on to say that only 3 weeks ago they changed to a new software company for their website. She thanked me for the things I found that didn't work on the site, and said she would forward them to the programmer.

And... at the end of the day, this helmet has been the best fit and comfort for me. Ultimately I'm a happy guy, and wanted you all to know ARAI did respond.

2002 K12RS
Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode