BMW Air Flow 2 boots - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:40 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

BMW Air Flow 2 boots

Got me a pair. Really nicely built (made in Italy). They have a hard plastic armor well hidden inside the boot at the toe and ankle portion. They also have a scuff pad sewn on the toe sections of both boots to keep the shifter pedal from scuffing up the boot. They look nice enough to be worn anywhere. The heel has a reflective patch.

I had a couple of other pairs of half-height lace up boots. Both were an absolute pain to slip into - more like a struggle! On the Oxtar's, I needed a boot shoe horn to get into them. While moteling it, I hated to try and get them on just to go back down to the lobby or bike.

The Air Flow 2 boot has that fine nylon mesh inside that is well padded. Since it has a long zipper and a Velcro fold-over at the top I was worried that they may be troubling to slip into. I must say they are the easiest to slip into boots I've ever owned. The inner material and the long zipper make the shoe horn unnecessary.

They run about a half-size larger which can be compensated by either a thicker sock or a gel pad. The inner foot pad is claimed to be removable but I haven't tried it. They breath far better than the other boots I own.

My only complaint is that the lugs are slick when new and your foot can slip off the pedal until you scuff them up a bit.

Oh, they also came with a nice tote bag. Cost was $179.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 9:08 pm
Enthusiast

How good is the ventilation?

'03 K1200GT

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 8:35 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk63
How good is the ventilation?
I'm going to wear them today as it's supposed to be 100 degrees. I'll let you know. I need to scuff the bottoms up a bit anyway.

Dealer did a weird test. They blew air into it from the shop's air hose to see how fast it exited the boot. He said it seemed to flow the exit air out pretty well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 12:08 pm
I'm riding

I have just tested my new AirFlow2 suit, boots and gloves several days in +35+36C - loved them all. Great! Very comfy and well ventilated. The problem came from the other side : the fairings of my GT are so nicely fit that they do not allow enough air for ventilation. So I had to put all the way down the screen, to waive the hand one by one and to take the balls of the boots out to catch an air stream.
Also highly recommend the thermoregulating BMW underwear - both short and long. Just pay attention the ong one must be for the hot weather. They both make the heat bearable and I was not getting tired so fast.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 6:25 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
I have just tested my new AirFlow2 suit, boots and gloves several days in +35+36C - loved them all. Great! Very comfy and well ventilated. The problem came from the other side : the fairings of my GT are so nicely fit that they do not allow enough air for ventilation. So I had to put all the way down the screen, to waive the hand one by one and to take the balls of the boots out to catch an air stream.
Also highly recommend the thermoregulating BMW underwear - both short and long. Just pay attention the ong one must be for the hot weather. They both make the heat bearable and I was not getting tired so fast.
That's been my take as well. I am going to apply some mink oil to soften them up a bit. They are cooler than my old boots and I've been wearing them all day. Feet actually seem cold for some reason.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:26 pm

I have the airflow2 jacket/pants/boots and highly recommend them for 60-100+ degree weather. I wear them about 7 months out of the year here in hot central California.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode