Shoei MultiTech. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:09 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Shoei MultiTech.

Don't know about others but I just love my Multitech. With my K1200GT I have generally have the shield cracked open 1 or 2 notches. It stays there. The helmet fits snugly and I can wear my glasses without a problem.

The only issue I have is that it fits close enough that it can be a bit tough to get off but if I open up the front then it is easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2007, 10:15 pm
Lieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDon
Don't know about others but I just love my Multitech. With my K1200GT I have generally have the shield cracked open 1 or 2 notches. It stays there. The helmet fits snugly and I can wear my glasses without a problem.

The only issue I have is that it fits close enough that it can be a bit tough to get off but if I open up the front then it is easier.
I just got a new Multitech and wore it for the first time yesterday for about 5 hours. I used to wear an Arai and really like that but I wanted a helmet that had the flip-chinbar and that was a little lighter. I really did like the Shoei. It was very comfortable, and while I don't know if the specs would confirm, it did feel lighter. My only gripe was that it does have a fair increase in wind noise compared to my old Arai. Overall, I am happy with the new Shoei.

Ken
Elgin, IL

2007 BMW K1200 GT
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCSE2 (totaled)
2005 Honda ST1300 (traded-in)
2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate (sold)
1997 Honda Valkyrie Standard (sold)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2007, 11:31 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfire
...My only gripe was that it does have a fair increase in wind noise compared to my old Arai.
I've noticed wind noise, but I'm attributing it to the turbulence of the screen. I went from the stock tall to the Cee-Bailey 4+2 to the new Aeroflow Tall laminar screen.

I haven't gotten around to finding if the new Aeroflow is going to be quieter as it is too damn hot around here (105 degrees).

Overall, the comfort level is very good and break-in was minimal for me. It's true the chin section is closer, but that may be a weight saving or a aerodynamic engineered feature to cut down on noise. I noticed if I twist my head it doesn't jerk like some others do in the wind.

I don't think you can beat the Shoei shield mechanism over the Arai's. I can change mine without needing to remove the helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2007, 7:19 pm
Lieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
I've noticed wind noise, but I'm attributing it to the turbulence of the screen. I went from the stock tall to the Cee-Bailey 4+2 to the new Aeroflow Tall laminar screen.

I haven't gotten around to finding if the new Aeroflow is going to be quieter as it is too damn hot around here (105 degrees).

Overall, the comfort level is very good and break-in was minimal for me. It's true the chin section is closer, but that may be a weight saving or a aerodynamic engineered feature to cut down on noise. I noticed if I twist my head it doesn't jerk like some others do in the wind.

I don't think you can beat the Shoei shield mechanism over the Arai's. I can change mine without needing to remove the helmet.
Wearing the helmets back to back, I don't think the turbulence is the cause of the noise. I assume that the fact that the Shoei is a flip-top is the biggest factor in the different noise increase.
I never have chosen to take off or change my shields on my Arai, but I do like the mechanism on the Shoei that allows the adjustment on how far open you want the shield. It allows a lot of options in how much you want the shield opened. The shield has very definite "notches" that hold the shield in place for that position.

Ken
Elgin, IL

2007 BMW K1200 GT
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCSE2 (totaled)
2005 Honda ST1300 (traded-in)
2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate (sold)
1997 Honda Valkyrie Standard (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode