Spidi - Step-In-Road Availability? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2008, 11:03 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Spidi - Step-In-Road Availability?

Hi!

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me out with a vendor recommendation outside of the USA.

Last year I purchased the Spidi Step-In-Road H2OUT jacket:

I absolutely LOVE this jacket, and have been searching for the matching Spidi Step-In-Road H2OUT pants:

After endless searching, I finally contacted Spidi USA, who forwarded my request to MotoNation (the USA distributor). MotoNation replied within a few days and said that the Spidi Step-In-Road H2OUT pants are not available in the USA because they are a bib style pant that does not sell well in the American market. They offered a couple of suggestions, but unfortunately those alternatives DO NOT attach to the Spidi Step-In-Road H2OUT jacket, which is part of the reason I want the matching pants.

So, to make a long story short - can someone recommend a non-USA vendor that I can contact directly to obtain the Spidi Step-In-Road pants?

TIA!

joe

.:: bozaman ::.

2006 BMW K1200S "Bumblebee"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2008, 9:09 am

You may want to try KneeDraggers (kneedraggers.com) They are in Delaware but I have had good luck tracking down any riding gear I may find in Euro magazines. I do realize they are not a supporting vendor of this site, but they are a helpful bunch of guys. Sam, the owner rides BMW, so thats good enough for me!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2008, 1:06 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Thanks - I have had poor luck tracking down any non-USA Spidi gear from a USA vendor, but I'll give Kneedraggers a shot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2008, 8:12 am Thread Starter
Just saying hey

So far, I haven't had any luck at all. Every attempt to contact a non-USA vendor has gone without a reply and I've hit a brick wall with every USA vendor.

As I attempted to find a Spidi vendor, I was hedging my bets and have spent a lot of time looking into other gear. I've looked at everything I could possibly think of - BMW, Rev'It, Halvarssons, Motoport, Rukka, Olympia, and every other brand I could find. Everything I looked at was good, but in the end I decided to go with the BMW Comfort Shell suit, in black...

Although this was mega-expensive (I was able to save a little thanks to my friends at Foothills BMW in the Denver, Colorado area graciously giving me the open house price), I found this to be the most versatile for my needs (3 season gear, waterproof with minimal fuss -- read: no liner -- and relatively cool when it's hot).

That's not to say that other gear wouldn't have worked well (I was very intrigued by both Rev'It and Motoport), but the BMW gear seemed to offer the most versatility.

I really, really hope that Spidi and Motonation reconsider the decision to not bring the Step-In-Road pants to the USA as I think it would sell very, very well. If you happen to need gear like Spidi, however, Rev'It seems to offer comparable gear based on my research.

joe

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2008, 11:59 am
Noob

have you tried...

http://www.makeya.com/en/wear/previe...product_id=131

sells the step in road pants...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode