Cooling vest group buy? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2008, 11:25 am Thread Starter

Cooling vest group buy?

Got an article passed on from a west coast friend about the Veskimo (Veskimo Cool Vest) vest. MCN loved it. Way better than a phase change unit and doubles as drinking water supply. With winter approaching I figure they might not be selling like hot cakes. If there's enough interest maybe we can do a group buy and negotiate a good deal on the vest. They list for $349.99.

What do you all think? Interested? Am I crazy? What kind of price do you want to see? If there's interest I'll contact them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2009, 3:46 pm
Addict

Thumbs down

For what they charge, you'd think they could afford to patch their web server.

The URL that you are attempting to access is a potential security risk. Trend Micro OfficeScan has blocked this URL in keeping with network security policy.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2009, 5:53 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflybricks
Got an article passed on from a west coast friend about the Veskimo (Veskimo Cool Vest) vest. MCN loved it. Way better than a phase change unit and doubles as drinking water supply. With winter approaching I figure they might not be selling like hot cakes. If there's enough interest maybe we can do a group buy and negotiate a good deal on the vest. They list for $349.99.

What do you all think? Interested? Am I crazy? What kind of price do you want to see? If there's interest I'll contact them.
$350 for a cooling vest? You've got to be kidding me. How do I get in on this racket?

I am riding to Dallas and back on Saturday in 100+ temps. I have a cooling vest (Silver Eagle...I think), but hate the way they feel. Ice in my Camelback has worked for me so far along with a water soaked scarf around my neck. I am not claiming I am comfortable, but it is tollerable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2009, 6:03 pm

This post is almost 2 years old. They are probably out of business by now

Cooling is free anyway: Soak a t-shirt and wear it under a mesh riding jacket. It's like sitting directly in front of a swamp cooler vent. The only drawback is that in temps over 100, the shirt will dry completely in about 30 minutes, so you have to repeat the process through the heat of the day. It's very refreshing.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2009, 7:38 pm
Addict

I didn't see the date. A spammer must have brought it to the top and had his post deleted before I replied.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode