Shoei pressure point solution - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 1:13 am Thread Starter

Shoei pressure point solution

I've owned quite a few shoei helmets and one arai. I tend to like the shoeis because the chin bar is lower. I've had a problem with pressure points on the top of my forehead right about the hair line. After about 2 hours it would be really uncomfortable to wear the helmet. This January I was at the IMS in DC and decided to replace my stolen X11. I spoke with the shoei rep and explained my problem with pressure points. This was his solution. I purchased a large X11 with a small head liner and of course cheek pads to fit. This has worked out great. I can wear the helmet hours at a time and have experienced no pain from pressure points. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it might be something to consider if you do have this problem.

Friday
'07 K 1200 GT Deep Blue Metallic
10 Harley Davidson Stree Glide FLHX
History: '74 Honda CB360, '78 Yamaha XS750SE, '02 K1200RS Pacific Blue

"There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want to do" - Calvin and Hobbes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 7:15 am
Veteran

My last helmet I bought 1 size smaller (Nolan) and custom fitted to my head by grinding out the pressure points with a dremel tool..perfect fit ..just have to take your time and check often...everyone's head is differ and I don't care how many helmets you try on not one is going to be perfect...but by custom forming you can get that..don't know why there isn't a system in the industry to do that...Like a head mold set up or somthin..Just did a search and all I could come up with is this page...could be a very good business to get into...sales for bikes are increasing every year could be a great market http://www.motorcycleparts-accessori...e-helmets.html Go into a dealer that has the scan tool to send out in real time to the manufacture to be produced and shipped....this would be a great system..The next step would be to offer custom shells ...Small, med, large as to cut down on mass with a person with a smaller head...but that would lead to a parts problem with face shields and such because of the different shell sizes...but who knows how far they would go for the right amount of $$$

Last edited by BAK04GT; Aug 2nd, 2009 at 8:12 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode