Scorpion EXO-1000 Experience - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2009, 7:07 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Scorpion EXO-1000 Experience

Anyone have feedback on the Scorpion EXO-1000. I've read both "OK" and "Excellent" reviews from non-owners. Anyone have one?

Ride Safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2009, 8:31 pm

My wife has a Scorpion lid bought last year and really likes it much better than the previous HJC. Can't say whether it is a 1000 or not. She says it is nice and quiet, ear pods fit well, face shield works good, venting Ok.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2009, 7:30 am

I have one. Its comfy. venting is pretty good. I havnt gotten hot in it and i wear it for 4 hours at a time. I like the silver shield choice. It was easy to swap out. The build quality isnt the best. The top ridge on mine has a stripped out screw. I like it better than my racer 1 which hurt after a while. I like it better than my schuberth concept one which was hard. I will try to warranty it this fall for the screw issue. the dealer said I needed to deal with them direct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2009, 8:48 pm

I've had one (EXO 1000) since April. Taken it through 100+ degrees in CA, to 40 degrees in Northern Michigan in April. Much better than the HJC I had before. I particularly like the "pump" system in the chin so that you can get a custom fit each time you put it on. The sunshade is a must have now - it's the first helmet I've had with one and it works great. The stuff they put on the lenses for antifog is excellent. Venting is good. The only problem I have is during heavy rain there is a drip at the top of the visor. It's not a big deal but it's annoying and does get the cheek pad a bit wet. However, the fog coating is so good it does not affect it at all. I'll send it in for repair over the winter.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 7:06 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks all. I made the leap and bought an EXO-1000 Sublim Black. Really nice lid. Slight pressure point on the forehead, but I'll work that out with a little extra padding. Love the venting, Everclear visor, and internal dark visor. Went with the Sublim because the other EXO-1000 graphics had issues aligning the art work. Seemed like all of them were a little off center to the left(?). Strange, but true. At least at my local shop.

Ride Safe!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2009, 8:40 am

Scorpion Exo

What first attracted me to the Scorpio EXO 1000 was the color (hi viz) I remember a few years ago Shoei had an Orange Helmut that i fancied, but that was on one of their earlier models the Shoei 800 I believe. For whatever reason they discontinued that Color. Next I decided to try it on just to see how it felt. So much more comfort than my old Shoei 900, which by the way i'd had for the past 5 years. They say a helmut looses some of it's protectiveness over time and so i headed over to the counter to talk to the BMW salesperson. He stated what i knew... my old helmut had just about run it's course of safety. Next he told me about the pros of the Scorpio like the fog defying windshield, great air flow, quiet ride and next the Price.. at just over $200 on sale i picked it up. He told me he used a Scorpio and i figured that if it was good enough for the local BMW Shop to sell and the fact the HE himself used it gave me great confidence in the purchase. I have since worn it every day and put my much beloved Shoei on the Shelf. Haven't had any issues and most important of all I feel safer knowing that such a Hi Viz helmut is surrounding my melon. It looks like an Angry Pac Man, but that's OK, i can only see myself in reflections. More importantly everyone can see me, and in my mind that is the first step in feeling safe. I give this product a thumbs up!!!! Especially the Hi Viz Version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	groovy pic.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	11202  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 6:40 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Bought it.

I bought the black 1000 Sublim. I found that all the 1000's at my local dealer had decal issues. Meaning, the decals on the helmet didn't line up with the decals on the rear venting mechanism. Looked like everything was twisted. As far as use since purchase, I have been totally satisfied. The quality of the mechanisms, paint, shield and venting are great! The Sublim design offers classic, but trendy appearance that you don't see at every stop or shop. Good job Scorpion!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode