Rev-it turbine mesh jkt - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2010, 10:18 am Thread Starter
Addict

Rev-it turbine mesh jkt

My vanson mesh is lookin bad, barely made it thru last season.

Sooo...been looking at this turbine (in the ad's, haven't seen one in person yet).

Anyone own/use one of these?

I ride in heat all summer (phoenix/socal) so it needs to be decent up-to 118 degs.

Looks like a real nice jacket. I'm as interested in protection as cooling, especially after my surprise getoff last october in the middle of nowhere. Funny how that works, not expecting any problems just cruising along and wham, down you are. love them wet oil spots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2010, 9:26 am

I recommend trying one on first. I tried the Turbine and found it didn't fit well (darn, great styling). The fit of the mesh products seems to be very particular to body shapes. Didn't try riding in it.

Ended up getting a Castle Turbine. The name was a funny coincidence. It fits my body perfectly and the liner really adds heat when needed. Without the liner it is like wearing a screen door. Very well ventilated but still has armor in the right places.

06 K12GT DGM - Bavarian 'Bahn Burner
08 X6 Sapphire Black - The Batmobile
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2010, 2:08 pm
Enthusiast

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would chime in. I've had the REV'IT Turbine jacket and pants for over a year. For me, fit is ideal (Size 56 EU or XL= 6'1", 210lbs, 37"W, 35" Sleeve) and if you haven't owned REV'IT gear, it's "close-fitting". In other words, not baggy.

One thing about the Turbine, it doesn't flow as much air as most mesh jackets because the mesh is very tightly weaved and the sleeves are mostly more protective cordura. I went with it because so many mesh jackets fall apart or melt in a crash. The Turbine is real gear that flows air much better than your regular cordura kit. Real CE armor too, not the foam stuff that you typically see in mesh gear.

Where it is super-hot in the summer (AZ, FL, etc.), it does defeat the purpose a little of owning a mesh jacket but if you live where the seasons change, I think its great compromise of mesh that is real protective gear.

My 2 cents...

Mike M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode