My Motoport Experiance - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2010, 9:42 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

My Motoport Experiance

I just wanted to share my experience I had today at Motoport while purchasing my new riding gear. First let me start by saying that I have perused their website for the better part of a year and have been on the fence as to making a purchase from them.

Today I made an appointment to visit their business in San Marcos, CA. to get a first hand look at what they had to offer. So I arrive at the appointed time and I am met by the owner of the company himself! I was expecting a quick rundown of their clothing lineup followed by my order and purchase. Well, the owner had a completely different idea. He not only spent the next hour explaining the in's and out's of motorcycle "safety gear" and his approach to making the best product he can, but took me on a tour of his facility.

Well to say that I was impressed would be a severe understatement! He really opened my eyes to the amount of truly substandard motorcycle clothing that is out their today, even from the "big names". He is a guy who truly cares about making a product that will give a person the best protection possible.

I placed my order for a jacket and pants that will be custom fit and I am looking forward to receiving them in the mail in a few weeks. Anyone looking for the best riding gear possible should really take a look at his website.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the company in any way, just a really satisfied costumer.

http://motoport.wsiefusion.net/Home

Initial Success, or Total Failure.
'08 K1200GT (Adventurin Silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2010, 11:51 am
Addict

My Motoport overpants are 9 years old and I would guess that I've got over 150K miles on them. They build them things to last!

What model did you end up getting?

James

06 K1200R Corbin w/ smuggler, Wilbers shocks, PCIII, Factory Pro Dyno tuned, CC Suspension plates, Vario levers, Dual Evo filters, Leo Vince SBK, V1, Zumo 550

02 WR250F Stock

99 SV650 GSX-R front end, Aftershocks suspension, Penske shock, 41mm FCR flat slides, Bridgestone slicks, M4 exhaust, Vortex clipons, Woodcraft rearsets, Hot Bodies race bodywork, Factory Pro clutch cover, Total Loss ignition, BRG relocated battery, APE Adjustable Cam sprockets, JE 13:1 pistons, mild porting, balanced crank, Sunoco 110 race fuel

98 KLX331 Race Tech suspension, 331 Stroker big bore kit, 33mm pumper, Tag bars, Stroker exhaust, IMS desert tank, tall seat foam w/ Stroker cover, Open air box, KX clutch
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2010, 4:27 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I ended up getting the Air Mesh Kevlar pants in black and the Ultra II Air Mesh Kevlar jacket in KTM orange. I was really impressed with the jacket color, the pictures don't do it justice. I also got the liners for both the jacket and pants.

After reading the testimonials and after what you just said with your own personal experience I really think I made the right decision.

Initial Success, or Total Failure.
'08 K1200GT (Adventurin Silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2010, 4:48 pm
Addict

The website sux but Wayne and his gear are awesome!

I have about 25,000 miles on pants and Jacket. The jacket I bought used but the pants were custom made. No complaints, never been down in it and hope I never am. Some people tell me I don't look sexy on my bike but frankly, I could give a damn.

Keep riding,

Gravity

2007 K1200 Sport -- Ev0 Filter x 2 -- Fire Breathing Dragon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode