Arai RX-Q - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2010, 6:56 pm Thread Starter

Arai RX-Q

Just got a new RX-Q helmet and I've got to say it is the most comfortable, and quietest helmet I've ever had !

"08 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2010, 8:08 am
Enthusiast

Have you tried to change the visor? I was considering an Arai as a replacement for my Shoei RF-1000 but I change the visor often (clear to smoke since I don't like to ride with sunglasses on) and heard it can be a real bear on the Arai.

"I am a Cafe Racer myself on some days - and it is one of my finest addictions." Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2010, 3:21 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warregl
Have you tried to change the visor? I was considering an Arai as a replacement for my Shoei RF-1000 but I change the visor often (clear to smoke since I don't like to ride with sunglasses on) and heard it can be a real bear on the Arai.
I hear a lot of people comment(complain) about the Arai shield system, but I don't have any problem with it . I change my visor a lot esp. this time of year when it is getting dark earlier.

"08 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2010, 6:49 am
Enthusiast

Thanks for the input. I guess I should go try one on. Either that or replace the padding in my Shoei, it's getting a bit too loose for my liking. Good luck with the new lid!

"I am a Cafe Racer myself on some days - and it is one of my finest addictions." Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2010, 1:06 pm
Addict

They have great deals on the corsair at the dealer because they aren't selling as well with the RX-Q on the shelf, according to the dealer. Its less money and more street friendly in design is what they tell me, very popular.

I had just bought a NEXX recently (full cov composite, super light) and also needed to replace my multitec, so I bought another multitec instead of the corsair while at the dealer.

The NEXX is real nice cause the face opening is bigger, I can see the back of gas tank when i look down unlike the corsair. But it doesn't fit the same as my aria's and it hurts my ears a bit up top.

I like to have one full cov and one open or flip up helmet handy all the time for different trips I take.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2010, 2:31 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warregl
I just tried for several hours to remove the face shield on my Arai. No luck. I looked up a video showing how to do it on the internet. Still no luck. I had to use a flat head screw driver to remove the covers that cover the mechanism to get it off. Putting it back on was no picnic either.

This Arai is the loudest helmet I've ever worn.

I'm staying with Shoei

Lache pas la patate

Robert Odendahl
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2010, 7:28 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug
I just tried for several hours to remove the face shield on my Arai. No luck. I looked up a video showing how to do it on the internet. Still no luck. I had to use a flat head screw driver to remove the covers that cover the mechanism to get it off. Putting it back on was no picnic either.

This Arai is the loudest helmet I've ever worn.

I'm staying with Shoei
Several Hours?!?

"08 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode