Schuberth Concept Helmet - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2011, 2:34 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Schuberth Concept Helmet

I bought a Schuberth Concept years ago (like about ten years!) and liked it, but I dropped it a few times and it was looking pretty scuzzy, so I finally gave up and put it in a box in the garage. I had thoughts of getting it repainted, but I got quotes of over $600, so I never did it. Recently I found a guy who painted it for me for $150 and he did a great job. I supplied the paint to match my GT2, so it matches the bike and looks really trick. The interior was shabby too, and I took it in to the Schuberth North American Headquarters in Aliso Viejo, CA, and they replaced the liner, neckroll, and faceshield. The rep said all he wanted was a handshake and a smile, which I was glad to pay. They're nice people, and I hope Schuberth makes a comeback. I don't know if I'm willing to pay their price of $700 for a new helmet, but they are trying hard and they make good stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2011, 11:41 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwilmot
I bought a Schuberth Concept years ago (like about ten years!) and liked it, but I dropped it a few times and it was looking pretty scuzzy, so I finally gave up and put it in a box in the garage. I had thoughts of getting it repainted, but I got quotes of over $600, so I never did it. Recently I found a guy who painted it for me for $150 and he did a great job. I supplied the paint to match my GT2, so it matches the bike and looks really trick. The interior was shabby too, and I took it in to the Schuberth North American Headquarters in Aliso Viejo, CA, and they replaced the liner, neckroll, and faceshield. The rep said all he wanted was a handshake and a smile, which I was glad to pay. They're nice people, and I hope Schuberth makes a comeback. I don't know if I'm willing to pay their price of $700 for a new helmet, but they are trying hard and they make good stuff.
That's encouraging. Thanks for letting everyone know. The new one is a heck of a nice helmet, and how light it is is almost unbelievable. I just got 2 new Nolans last year, so it will be a couple of years before I upgrade, but Schuberth is definitely on the short list.

Jamie

2011 BMW K1600 GTL (Silver) on order
2010 BMW K1300 GT (Blue) Her's
2008 H-D FLHTCU POS (Black)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2011, 9:14 pm
Enthusiast

I've got to stop reading these threads, I just blew 1K on the C3 and the SRC from a US distributor. The upside is no tax and no shipping. Good bye Aria, you made a lot of money from me, now for a change. No more Blueant either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2011, 4:08 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavtm
... No more Blueant either.
hee.

I've got a pair of Nolan N-103 with their fancy Bluetooth n-Com II stuff.

Got to say, I'm back to hardwire over the Bluetooth stuff. Damn batteries are always dead when you need them and more so if you have to raise the volume to the max (they aren't exactly the quietest things around for wind noise) and then they die off sooner. Carrying a charger and waiting for the things to charge in "maybe" 3 hours blows too - and worse if you have two to deal with. I say "maybe" with regards to charging because one of them decided to get an intermittent break in the power charging cable to the little battery and would take a day or more to charge up. Nolan replaced it free, but what a pain to find out what the problem was (wiggle the little end and watch the charger lights flash). Every time I got ready to go I would have to charge them up which met plan ahead a day or so just for the effort to use the things. A last minute "Let's go ride" met "Can you wait while a couple of hours while the Nolan's charge up?" Seriously. Better sound out of in-ear hard-wired phones and less wind noise too.

I won't mention the "pairing issues" of Bluetooth either.

Mack
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2011, 4:56 pm
Enthusiast

I had issues with quality as well. One just died, and the other the covering came off the boom and got rather painful on occasion with beard growth. And pairing was a pain indeed or simply the other unit wouldn't communicate at the worst times. We'll see how this new setup works.

So if someone need Blueant spares, I've got 'em.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2011, 7:19 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

My son and I got a pair of the new generation Cardo Wireless headsets. Already paired with each other from the factory. We've had them out once or twice, and we couldn't be happier so far. We can communicate with each other while we're riding side by side or even fifty yards apart. The phone connection works perfectly. My wife usually tells me she can't tell I'm on my bike. At one point, I called my wife, then cued my son into the conversation so we could have a conference call. It worked perfectly. I've never had an issue with battery life. I charge the unit when I'm thinking about it, then it may go weeks before I do it again. It will easily last all day turned on and in use.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode