Schuberth C-3 Review - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2011, 4:07 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Schuberth C-3 Review

Finally had a chance to try out the new helmet today and I have to say I am very impressed with the Shuberth. My old helmet was a Nolan N102 which had served me very well over the last couple of years with my only complaint being it was very noisy, even with earplugs.

So after a trip to the bike show in Long Beach last month I picked up a new C-3 with the intergrated comm system that replaces the neck padding on the helmet, which is simply ingenious in my opinion.

So after a 3-hour ride this afternoon I am simply amazed at the difference between the 2 helmets. The C-3 is incredibly quiet, simply no comparison to the Nolan. Fit was a bit different with the N-3 though, seemed like much better interior padding which was very comfortable. The helmet though seemed to fit a bit lower on my head with the forehead padding resting a bit closer to my eyes than the Nolan. Not a deal breaker by any means, just something that I will have to get use to over time.

Airflow is simply superb! I never thought it was possible for a helmet to have such great air circulation. I could really feel air circulating all across the top and side of my head from the top vent and the front vent directed a very large quantity of air onto the inside of the face shield and face. Simply top-notch!

The comm system worked very well also. I have it connected to my GPS and phone and it worked flawlessly. With the helmet being as quiet as it is there were no problems in
hearing either device.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with my new helmet. The C-3 and comm isn't cheap, actually it's downright expensive, but definitely money well spent.

Initial Success, or Total Failure.
'08 K1200GT (Adventurin Silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2011, 11:39 pm
Addict

Great to hear.
I've got a BMW System 6 helmet which is effectively the same helmet. One issue which is glaring is the lack of an effective seal of the visor on the lower left hand section of the visor. I've seen others complain re this issue as well, and I'd be interested to hear if you have this fault. (I hope not!)
I just came over to this section to research the issue.

Best wishes.

Ken

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2011, 8:45 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

The seal on mine seems to fit perfectly once I snap close the visor. No complaints at all.

Initial Success, or Total Failure.
'08 K1200GT (Adventurin Silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2011, 10:30 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombteck
The seal on mine seems to fit perfectly once I snap close the visor. No complaints at all.
There is a review in this month's edition of Motorcycle Consumer News. They note the water leak around the face shield, but still rate the helmet highly in every category except value.

Jamie

2011 BMW K1600 GTL (Silver) on order
2010 BMW K1300 GT (Blue) Her's
2008 H-D FLHTCU POS (Black)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 7:18 pm

I also have the BMW System 6. Great lid, really happy with it except for the noise level. I think its too loud, should be quieter for this type of lid but that's probably just me.
I haven't had any issue with the face shield not lining up or closing tight. Mine fits real snug when closed. Last season I got caught in a few heavy rains and didn't get any leakage from the shield.
Love the sun shield; the top vent is awesome, feels like cool little fingers stroking the top of my head; I find the front vent to be only useful for increasing noise level, doesn't seem to do much for venting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode