Rev'it or Lee Parks winter gloves? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2006, 9:39 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Rev'it or Lee Parks winter gloves?

Looking for info, from riders who own the Rev'ti Celcius Glove or the Lee Parks- deer sports pci glove. How are they in the cold and rain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2006, 10:07 pm
Enthusiast

Gloves

Have the Lee Parks PCI and they are amazingly warm and comfortable, especially for such a thin feeling glove. The only issue I have is that one of the gloves came with mis-sewn finger and have had some difficulty getting it exchanged from Lee. However, in fairness, this occurred over the holidays and he may just be catching up.
Not sure how they are in the rain but they are great in the cold.

Last edited by Ricbob; Jan 13th, 2006 at 10:08 pm. Reason: to quick on the send
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2006, 2:23 pm
Just saying hey

Lee Parks, thumbs down

I can recommend anything Rev-it makes, but nothing Lee Parks does. I have an early pair of Lee Parks gloves and love them, but anything made since 2005 are worthless. I don't know who the moron is that fabricates Lee Parks gloves, but the finger length is to long on all the fingers. They just don't fit and I don't recommend them to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2006, 9:34 pm
Rookie

I have the Rev It Celcius and they are very well made, comfortable and quite warm (fine down to 20 degrees F with heated grips on). My only complaint is that the gauntlets are too small to fit over the sleeves of my Aerostich suit when I have my heated fleece jacket underneath.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2006, 9:51 pm
Addict

Dead thread resurrected

For the $$, get some gerbings. I have a couple pair of the old style; the new style is even warmer.

Gravity
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2006, 10:11 pm
Enthusiast

Can't speak for the PCI's, but as far as Lee Parks gloves, I have the deer sport and they are of fine quality. My favorite cool to cold leather gloves. With the heated grips, they work fine for most temperatures for me, and I love the feel. Great fit by following their chart. I also got great customer service and attention, but then, I guess 'results may vary'. My 2 cents.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 7:09 am

No to Lee Parks

I have a pair of black Lee Parks. Wear them in the rain, and your hands turn black. Heavy-duty black! And they stay black for awhile. Complained to Parks, asked about exchanged to tan color, etc, and they are totally unreceptive.

For such an expensive product, they seem to have no inclination toward a "satisfaction guaranteed" type approach.

I ended up buying several addtional pairs of tan, deerskin gloves directly from the mfr in the northwest. Ran into them at a booth at Americade. Drastically less expensive, great customer service (the heavy weight ran a little smaller than the lighter weight (I ordered both) and they replaced with a large size, no questions asked)--and equal quality.

. . . ah, just remembered the name: Sullivan Gloves.

Don Goldberg
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 12:45 pm
Enthusiast

Thanks Don. I've not worn mine in the rain, but sure won't now. I have other gloves for wet weather. Good advice on getting natural. Also, thanks for that direct purchase info. Good stuff. Cheers.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 7:11 pm
Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongold
I have a pair of black Lee Parks. Wear them in the rain, and your hands turn black. Heavy-duty black! And they stay black for awhile.
I bought a pair of Lee Parks tan deerskin gloves from Lee himself at the BMW MOA rally in Lima, OH. I asked him about the black ones fading and he said they might, depending on a person's skin chemistry. Based on that, I bought tan. I like the gloves a lot.

I've got a pair of Re'vit! Celcius gloves and I like them a lot. My fingertips get cold after a while but that will happen with any gloves if it's very cold.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 7:55 pm

Exactly what turned me off. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar
I bought a pair of Lee Parks tan deerskin gloves from Lee himself at the BMW MOA rally in Lima, OH. I asked him about the black ones fading and he said they might, depending on a person's skin chemistry. Based on that, I bought tan. I like the gloves a lot.

I've got a pair of Re'vit! Celcius gloves and I like them a lot. My fingertips get cold after a while but that will happen with any gloves if it's very cold.
"Skin chemistry" my butt! . . . that is exactly the kind of baloney from him that turned me off more than the actual problem with the gloves themselves. Let's have a little honesty. They are great gloves, Lee, but the black ones bleed color, bad, when wet. Admit it. Tell people the truth, and suggest they get the tan if they want to wear them in the rain.

Don G.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode