Pinlock works! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2011, 7:54 pm Thread Starter

Pinlock works!

I bought a Nolan 103 helmet at the BMWMOA National Rally this summer which included the pinlock shield, an option I had never used before.

The cooler weather in Virginia this fall and winter has given me the opportunity to test out its effectiveness and I can say it's made my morning commute safer and a more enjoyable ride.

Nick
1993 K75S
1991 R100RT
1982 Yamaha XJ650RJ Seca
1978 R100S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Addict

Yeah it does! And it's nice not to have to carry a tinted and non-tinted shield, just swap out the insert.

James

06 K1200R Corbin w/ smuggler, Wilbers shocks, PCIII, Factory Pro Dyno tuned, CC Suspension plates, Vario levers, Dual Evo filters, Leo Vince SBK, V1, Zumo 550

02 WR250F Stock

99 SV650 GSX-R front end, Aftershocks suspension, Penske shock, 41mm FCR flat slides, Bridgestone slicks, M4 exhaust, Vortex clipons, Woodcraft rearsets, Hot Bodies race bodywork, Factory Pro clutch cover, Total Loss ignition, BRG relocated battery, APE Adjustable Cam sprockets, JE 13:1 pistons, mild porting, balanced crank, Sunoco 110 race fuel

98 KLX331 Race Tech suspension, 331 Stroker big bore kit, 33mm pumper, Tag bars, Stroker exhaust, IMS desert tank, tall seat foam w/ Stroker cover, Open air box, KX clutch
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:24 am
Addict

I've got a Shoei and it's a pain.

That's because on my helmet, the pinlock inner screen is too low, so I can see the line right across the top of my eye line when I am in a head lowered, ride forward position.

I did see some helmets where the pinlock top edge was shaped higher up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2011, 6:23 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait
Yeah it does! And it's nice not to have to carry a tinted and non-tinted shield, just swap out the insert.
Never thought of that. With the flip-down, fighter pilot helmet style, tinted shield on the Nolan 103 it's always available and very convenient.

I may look into a yellow for those cool foggy mornings.

Nick
1993 K75S
1991 R100RT
1982 Yamaha XJ650RJ Seca
1978 R100S
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2011, 6:32 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
I've got a Shoei and it's a pain.

That's because on my helmet, the pinlock inner screen is too low, so I can see the line right across the top of my eye line when I am in a head lowered, ride forward position.

I did see some helmets where the pinlock top edge was shaped higher up.
hmm Shoei RF1000 here and I don't notice the problem.

James

06 K1200R Corbin w/ smuggler, Wilbers shocks, PCIII, Factory Pro Dyno tuned, CC Suspension plates, Vario levers, Dual Evo filters, Leo Vince SBK, V1, Zumo 550

02 WR250F Stock

99 SV650 GSX-R front end, Aftershocks suspension, Penske shock, 41mm FCR flat slides, Bridgestone slicks, M4 exhaust, Vortex clipons, Woodcraft rearsets, Hot Bodies race bodywork, Factory Pro clutch cover, Total Loss ignition, BRG relocated battery, APE Adjustable Cam sprockets, JE 13:1 pistons, mild porting, balanced crank, Sunoco 110 race fuel

98 KLX331 Race Tech suspension, 331 Stroker big bore kit, 33mm pumper, Tag bars, Stroker exhaust, IMS desert tank, tall seat foam w/ Stroker cover, Open air box, KX clutch
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2011, 6:32 pm
Noob

I have a Nolan N102, and never installed the inner shield, UNTIL, a bloody cold wet day in October, when it completely fogged up on a two hour ride; my passenger wife, wearing the Schuberth C-3 with the fog guard installed, had a clear view -- of the rain, trucks, and temperature gauge.

Peter

GT Newbie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode