getting new Sidi riding boots - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 6:50 pm Thread Starter

getting new Sidi riding boots

I have been looking at getting a new pair of riding boots. As of now I have been keen on getting Sidi Vertigo Tepor. Can I get your feedback on this boot? Postive and negative!

Also, what are my other options that fit a sporty feel, but can handle all day riding and rain. Thanks for the advice.

ONON-
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 7:25 pm

I recently replaced my Sidi Strada Tempors with Kochmann Autobahns (aka Redbike Highwayman). I really like them much better because they are not as narrow as the Sidis (or have as pointy of a toe), are made out of real leather instead of Lorinca synthetic material and breathe much better and are not as "blingy" and plastic looking. Walking comfort is much better for me as well. About the same price too. To sum it up, the are more comfortable and a lower keyed look.

http://www.eclipseluggage.com/boots/autobahn.htm
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 7:58 pm
Addict

Thumbs up

Mark, I recently bought a pair of the Sidi Vertigo Tepors, and they are excellent boots: very comfortable, superior protection, and waterproof. This is my third pair of Sidi's, and I did find them to be tighter through the ankle than the previous two pairs. If you decide to buy them, DO NOT buy them from Motonation, the local distributor. I have had some very bad experiences with them. I would suggest New Enough: www.newenough.com They provided excellent service, no sales tax, and free ground shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2006, 2:00 am

I have no personal experience with Sidi. I did have a set of BMW G-tex, good boot, had to get a size bigger as they tend to be narrow (Italian manufacture). As the heels were worn down, went to the BMW dealer who advised me to go to a shoe repair. There are as good as no real cobblers anymore, just those fast shoe places where they grind down the sole and glue some inferior rubber on. I now buy only Daytona, great service, great boot. They repair them no matter what the problem and they come back looking like new
These are the most comfortable really superior quality boots I have ever owned, and they don't leave you out on the limb after the sale.
However I'm not sure if the same service applies in the States.

05 K1200GT Titanium Silver Metallic
I'm living well above my means, but far below my standards.

Last edited by Oldtimer; Feb 25th, 2006 at 2:19 am.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2006, 9:51 am

Thumbs up

I am on my third pair of Sidis. I wore the short boots originally(predessor to Scorpion), opted for more protection (Strada), and now have the B1s. Find them to be pretty comfortable and give you pretty good protection. You probably get better protection from leather. I lowsided a few years ago with the Scorpions. The Lorica is a synthetic material which will not hold up as well as leather. I ripped the shoe wide open, but didn't hurt my foot. These also have less protection than the Stradas and the B1's. I opted for the B1s as they have more protection than the regular street boots, but they are still comfortable to walk around in when you get off the bike. I have wide feet and have not had a problem with the width.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode