Question for Lee Parks Glove Owners - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2006, 9:30 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Question for Lee Parks Glove Owners

I'm gonna take the plunge and order a pair of their DeerSports PCi gloves for winter riding.
Got a couple of questions first.
- Is the gauntlet wide enough to fit over an Aerostich 1 piece suite sleeve?
- If you own the 2 tone version, how does the lighter palm color hold up with respect to dirt? Any other advantages/drawbacks to either the black or 2 tone version?
- Is there insulation, in addition to the PCi material in the back of the glove to better resist the wind?
- What's the coldest temp you've used them in and still had warm hands? (keep in mind I'll be using the grip warmers on my KRS
- I printed out their sizing chart and I fall just below a size M (9.5), so I'll order a M. I assume you want them to be ever so slightly larger for comfort? Do they stretch at all?
- Anything else I should know before ordering?
Thanks folks.
Lenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2006, 9:06 pm
Enthusiast

PCIs

Lenny
Cant help you on the Aerostitch questions but I use my PCIs over Vanson leather jacket and over the BMW Kevlar type jacket. They fit fine with plenty of room left over so I can not imagine you would ever have a problem there.
My hands get cold with any gloves but these tend to work very well. There is some insulation in the back but for me there is never enough with any glove. These are amazingly thin, giving you great tactile feel while keeping you quite warm. I am going to get a pair of Patagonia Capalene glove liners for days i ride in weather in the 30 degree ranges. I have put many miles on in 35-40 degree temps.
Color - ah, good issue. I have the PCIs in black and the standard gauntlet Lee Parks in the two tone. I actually prefer the looks of the two tone and if i had it to do over, I would get the 2 tone PCIs. The tan grip does get dirty - no question. The reason I like the tan is when you do hand signals, wave, etc, you can be seen with the tan, versus the black. The PCIs seem to me to fit a bit big but that is not all bad since you can put that thin liner in if you want added warmth.
Good glove. Expensive but IMHO it is probably worth it. Order a second pair of the short summer gloves or the thinner gauntlets at the same time - and then will not have to pay a second shipping charge later. No, I am not a Lee Parks salesperson - just like the quality.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2006, 3:01 pm
Enthusiast

Talking lee parks

i have both the gauntlet for winter and gt for summer, both work great . i have guys that use the gaunlet with aerostich riding grear. i have had the winter gauntlets out in 30 f & the work great with my heated grips.

WOOLF
99 R1100S BLACK
02K1200RS BLACK
Iron Butt Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 9:51 am
Veteran

The "special material is not worth it. It can't hold up to 60 mph winds going over your hands. Less bulk yes. As good as Gerbings to stay warm, no. OK for cool days but not cold ones. I warm them inbetween my summer and wniter gloves times.

Mine are black so can't comment on that.

Gaunlet is big enough.

JJCIII

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode