Has anyone used one of these?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2006, 4:10 pm Thread Starter

Has anyone used one of these??

http://www.helmetharbor.com/gear/res...gy_opening.htm

I love my RF1000 shoei but I do have a fogging issue with, specially if I get caught in a Southern Thundershower where the temperature outside drops 10 degrees but inside my helmet it does not. Winter riding seems to be an issue too.

Let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 7:54 am
Will ride for picts

I've used a foggy respro for a couple years, primarily in winter (rode year-round in Denver). They work well if you don't wear glasses. If you wear glasses or sunglasses, then they aren't a good solution. If you do purchase one, get it in black. The lighter colors will reflect off the inside of your visor.

It will seem like the helmet is too tight the first time you put it on. Give it a chance, and the helmet will begin to fit comfortably after a couple days. Likewise, the helmet seems too large after removing it, but a couple days of wearing it will give the cheek pads time to expand.

My foggy recently had the right side hook-and-loop mount fall off, so I need to reapply it before winter comes.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2006, 4:13 pm

I wore one of these last winter to keep warm, anti fogging was a nice side benefit. Not sure I could wear it during the summer, seems like it would be way too warm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode