Darien light vs. BMW City pants - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2006, 1:25 pm Thread Starter

Darien light vs. BMW City pants

I have narrowed my search for riding pants and want to solicit some input before I pull the trigger and buy one or the other.

I am looking for a good all around pant for commuting in Texas, and have narrowed my choice to the Darien Light pant and the BMW city pant. ($275 and $200 respectively).

Anyone have experience with either of these pants that can help me make an informed decision?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2006, 6:14 pm
"DELIVERS"

I've been wearing the Darien Light for 4 years now....no complaints except that the side zipper pulls eventually broke off and I replaced them with key rings....looked at the city pants just now....I like the extra storage and hip protection, might be harder to get on with boots (Darien has full side zippers) but I would seriously consider them if/when I need a new pair. I like the angle of the front pockets on the BMW pants. On the Darien, it's very hard to get in the front pockets when sitting.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode