Helmets - Advice Please - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2006, 4:43 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Helmets - Advice Please

Dear All,
Having read a number of reviews, I have finally settled on the Schuberth C2 helmet. Unfortunately, as I live in Brazil I cannot try before I buy and the helmets that are available here (Shoei/Arai) are absurdly priced. The Arai RX7 is about US$1400! So, I am going to buy online but I need to get an idea of the Schuberth sizing. A Medium Arai fits me perfectly - anyone have any views as to whether this translates to a Medium Schuberth?
Many thanks in advance
James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks7
The Arai RX7 is about US$1400!
Holy Creepers BatMan!!! Wow, sucks to be in Brazil. I wear a med Arai and tried on the Shuberth, med should be the proper fit. Although, I think you should stick with the RX-7, the new corsair is way better than any shuberth on the market.

What is the price for a soccer ball? Probably not some crazy markup.

ONON-
Mark
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2006, 8:15 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Why do you think the RX-7 is way better out of interest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2006, 12:33 am
Looking for better limits...

Ya know? A racing helmet for use on the street can't be a wrong decision...and unless I'm way off base, the RX-7 is a racing helmet. The kind that will protect your noggin in a 200MPH get-off in most cases. I mean there are some cases where it wouldn't matter how well constructed the helmet is, if you bounce just the right way, you're done. But, getting the best there is, just for riding the street, chances are you're good. Just keep in mind there are no guarantees...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks7
Why do you think the RX-7 is way better out of interest?
The corsair is a racing helmet and will protect your noggin just as good as the quantum, but it is a hell of lot lighter and from what I have heard the venting is the best on the market. Not sure about the noise level, if noise levels is a concern than the Shuberth is your best bet. With the Arai. you pay for the extra light weight, plus 100% of the liner is removable (unlike some other helmets that are only partially removeable).

ONON-
Mark
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 2:16 am
Veteran

hello everyone and happy new year.

i have owned a few helmets, but i just purchased a new brand that i read about which was highly recommended by a reputable motorcycle magazine. it is called a SCORPION. this is probably the best helmet i've owned. i originally heard about them at A&S BMW in roseville, ca. i bought it from a local dealer. exo400 was only $129 solic/139 graphics. this is the polycarbonate. exo700(i purchased this model) fiberglass/poly only 169 solid/179 graphics. the magazine described it as "a premium helmet(as good as shoei or arai) at a discount price. i love the helmet. it has excellent venting and is comfortable. it feels solid. the inside material is drywick. i don't even wear my shoei anymore and sold my old shoei xsp. also it is DOT and SNELL.

just food for thought

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 9:09 am Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks all - if I go with Schuberth does medium Arai translate to medium Schuberth?
Thanks
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 2:19 pm
Noob

I have the Shub and now have a 7 I will check the tag size later for you and give you an Idea of difference or simularity in size :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah

Some mistakes are just too good to make only once.
Brassmonkey
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 2:25 pm
Noob

Ok got to do it sooner than expected the Schub is Med 56-57 very comfortable at that the Arai is 57-58 for the same comfort medium
I hope this helps

Some mistakes are just too good to make only once.
Brassmonkey
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2007, 6:02 pm

A Medium Arai will translate to a large Schuberth. that has been my experience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode