Shoei Multitec - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 12:04 am Thread Starter

Shoei Multitec

hey all... i'm thinking about getting the new shoei multitec and was wondering if anyone else has one and what they think about it.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 2:49 am
Sooper Dooper Moderator

I don't have one (I have the Syncrotec it replaces), but here's a pretty thorough review:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/shoei/multitec/
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 3:38 pm
Veteran

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Love my Multitec....I came from Nolan to Shoei via Petes GP on them a few months ago...it is quite light, easy on/off and the venting is outstanding. Road noise is less than the Nolan and fit/finish is top notch.

F

05LT
07GT
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2007, 9:39 am
Rookie

Question $$

Has anyone found a "decent" deal online? I haven't found it lower than $434+shipping.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2007, 6:36 pm
Noob

Thumbs up a definite thumbs up on the Multitec

I'm a big Shoei fan and have had four to date. I have an X11 which is a really good helmet and was my favorite until I got the Multitec. This helmet really fits my head, has good airflow (a must here in Phoenix, AZ) and is QUIET. I like the way you can wear sunglasses without them getting pinched in to my head and the flip up thing is nice when gassing up or stopping to talk to a fellow rider at a light. If you get one make sure you use the chin piece as that really cuts down on the noise and the buffeting from air getting in under the helmet at higher speeds. Overall I have nothing but good things to say about this helmet (got mine on EBay) for $425 and already have one of the guys I ride with making the move to the Mutlitec.

gary b
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelius
hey all... i'm thinking about getting the new shoei multitec and was wondering if anyone else has one and what they think about it.

thanks!
I have a Multitec and an X-11. My wife and I each have one. We purchased them to facilitate two-up communication. The Multitec is a great helmet. I haven't been able to give it a good daylong test in the saddle, but it's more quiet than I expected. It's lighter than I expected. It's basically everything you'd expect to find in a Shoei, but with a flip-up face. The ventilation seems adequate (it's difficult to judge with an X-11, which is outstanding). The fit and finish is top notch and the hinging mechanism is super easy to use--especially with gloved hands. If you want to install an Autocom, it is very easy to do with the Multitech. In fact, there is room for the Autocom speakers and the in-ear monitors that I wear.

A couple of things I noticed is there seems to be less space between my face and the chin area of the Multitec (I have a small head for an adult). If you're purchasing online, be sure to try one on at a dealer because the Multitec fits differently than other Shoeis. My X-11 is size M and fits the same as a Multitec size small.

It's a great helmet. I bought mine from our dealer and paid $470 for each of them. I'm anxious to wear it in warm weather (if we ever get it in PA). I tend to get hot when wearing hats/helmets--so the jury is still out on the ventilation quality.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2007, 10:28 am
Noob

A couple of months ago (January or February of 07) a post was made by PeteVanDyke on the BMWLT.com site about a vendor in Chicago, selling the new Multitec at a great price of $389.00 shipped. This price was supposedly part of a pre-arranged group buy for the "LT" riders. As far as I know, the offer is still in effect. For best results, you should probably mention your knowledge and connection with that site.

The vendor was Chicago Performance and the contact there was Ken. Their phone number is 708-562-2500.

Their link is http://www.chicagoperformance.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode