Eagle Creek Pack-It Folders - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 2:21 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Thumbs up Eagle Creek Pack-It Folders

I hate to pack. Seems I cannot get enough clothes in the bags and everything is always loose to the point I often need to sit on the bag to get it to close. Plus, stuff always seems to catch in the bag’s seams when I shut them.

Enter “Eagle Creek Pack-It Folders.” I saw one of their “Folders” (i.e. bags?) at a REI store and thought, “What the hell. I may use it. It’s cheap enough if I don’t use it either.”

Let me tell you, I’ve never been this excited about something so simple in a long time. In their #15 bag, I got 3 long sleeve shirts, 1 pair of camping pants, and 1 pair of jeans. This is all the size of the BMW side case and maybe 3 inches thick. The bag opens into one large flat square. The system has pieces of long Velcro on each square points that serve as the compression portion. Another is the slick flat plastic piece you fold your clothes around so they won’t wrinkle as bad and then slide it out to do another shirt of pants. It has the folding instructions on it. Slick!

Onto the T-shirts, underwear, and socks….

They have something called “The Cube” designed for this. You roll up your socks and underwear in your T-shirt and you can place 4 of these “rolls” into “The Cube.” They have a smaller one as well, but the standard size does well for 4 days of clothes.

Both of these “Packing Units” will fit into one half of one sidecase and the sidecase’s restraining straps hold them in place. There’s a lot of mesh with both so the clothes won’t get funky smelling. Pretty slick and no mess. I can the stuff my electric jacket into the outer portion of the case for easy access along with a small toiletry mesh stuff bag.

All their stuff comes in various colors so you can give you passenger a pair for their stuff to keep clothing separated.

Their stuff is cheap enough that you could outfit the entire bike for two people for the cost of one BMW liner bag too!

Their website link.

Big thumbs-up here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2007, 3:11 pm
Addict

Is this what you are talking about.
http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessorie...c-Large-40087/

I couldn't find "The Cube' on the website.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2007, 4:38 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM
Is this what you are talking about.
http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessorie...c-Large-40087/

I couldn't find "The Cube' on the website.
This http://tinyurl.com/2papwc
and http://tinyurl.com/2sos4k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2007, 4:42 pm
Addict

Ahha!
Thanks, those do look pretty neat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode