Hit Air Jackets...Anybody Know? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 9:51 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Hit Air Jackets...Anybody Know?

Found this:

http://www.hit-air.com/english/main.html#

Looks like an absolutely great idea. I also found a few reviews and even some videos and such on the product working. However there don't seem to be any legit dealers in the US even though it looks like the product is a few years old. Except for a couple of rather suspicious looking sites that claim to sell them all I have found is one or two over seas that might ship them. Waiting for a response.

So has any one seen this stuff? Any dealers in the US? It looks like the greatest safety improvement since a full face helmet. Would be nice to find really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 8:26 pm
Veteran

.......mmmm dont know what to say......Get a car?.....helmet is one thing....think things are going just a little bit toooooo far.............seat belt and ROPS are next......well we cant cover you with your policy...you didnt have the air bag....sorry....shit like this really gets me steamed.......to all his own.....but really
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 10:06 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

I could see your point if it was an interference with riding but from the looks of it it's just another jacket and the "system" really isn't even noticeable. But that's why I inquired. I'd like to know if any one has actually seen one or heard anything about this.

So why would "shit like this" get you so worked up? BMW riders seem to me to be the most safety conscious out there and most seem to wear helmets, gloves, jacket with protection, boots, pants with pads, suits etc etc. The whole ATGATT thing. No it may not be for every one but some folks may really enjoy it. Honda is even offering an air bag option on the Goldwing now, but I'm not sure that's as good an idea as this. I think there's a lot of folks that will take all the safety they can get as long as it's not a hindrance to the ride.

They also seem to be making these for all sorts of activities:

http://www.airprotekgear.com/

http://www.mrtrailer.com/ttt.htm

And please....."get a car"? A very old cliche'. No one's trying to force any one to wear it and no I'm not trying to bring up the old helmet vs no helmet debate. I've put literally 100's of thousands of miles on 2 wheels in my life and personally I don't care what some one wears as long as my tax dollars aren't paying for some idiot in a coma.

So any way, any one seen or wore one of these things? Inquiring minds....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 11:42 pm
Rookie

Here is a thread in another location here at K-Bikes that goes into much detail about these jackets:

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11702

B

2006 Goldwing Airbag
2007 Suzuki DRZ400E
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 6:16 am

I was a Hit-Air Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_W
So has any one seen this stuff? Any dealers in the US? It looks like the greatest safety improvement since a full face helmet. Would be nice to find really.
I was a Hit-Air rep. It is a great product and it saved my life, but the Airprotek company, the PRIMARY USA importer of Hit-Air, is a lousy company, so the regional distributors that I am aware of, have left the business in disgust.

But here are two former regional distributors who I know to be reputable and have some remaining inventory.

Taylor (TK) had a distributorship in Colorado. You may have seen Hit-Air jackets on eBay asking full retail (dream on). This is probably Taylor's stuff. He has 200 units and way too many camo vests. You can contact him with this email. Tell him Mitch sent you.

[email protected]

Geri and Sarah Vandervilet were the owners of GoForIt distributing in the Baltimore area. These are the folks I rep'd for. Try [email protected]. 301-392-3779, 8643 Kentucky Ave, La Plata, MD. Cell 301-752-0718. The have several coats remaining, especially the Motorrad model.

I hope this is helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode