Compressors - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2007, 6:38 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Exclamation Compressors

trying to decide between the Cycle Pump and the Micro Tire Pump Kit. First one is 100.00 and the 2nd is 40.00. Second seems to be a stripped down Cycle Pump??

Anybody have personal experience?

JJCIII
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2007, 9:36 am
Will ride for picts

I've got a Cycle Pump and am not impressed. I haven't seen the Micro Tire Pump kit, so I can't comment on that one. I've also heard you can go down to Wal-Mart and buy a cheapo auto tire inflator, and just remove the guts from the housing. Its about the same as what you're getting with the cycle pump.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2007, 12:34 pm
Veteran

I haven't confirmed this, but I read on one of these forums that the canbus KS bike cannot handle the Cycle Pump because it requires about 7 amps. Not a good thing. I don't know about other pumps or the model bike you have.
The cycle pump that I have worked fine on my other bikes. I wouldn't want to inflate a tire from 0 psi though, because it is a bit slow and noisy.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2007, 5:54 am
Noob

Was in Wal-Mart yesterday and saw a rather light, compact compressor for 10$. Yes, 10$.
I was wondering if there is an adapter available that can be used to convert it to be used with the BMW accessory plug? I mean, car size to BMW size.
Radio shack might have it but what do you ask for?

2007 K1200S Cosmic blue.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2007, 10:47 am
Sooper Dooper Moderator

If you go to the BMW of Santa Cruz website and then peruse through the Wunderlich link, you can find an "Airman" air pump for $19.95 on sale which comes equipped with the plug which fits the accessory outlet. Also, if you look around hard enough, they have two or three different cigarette lighter type adapters, and also a "Hella" accessory plug to retrofit onto an electrical accessory.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2007, 8:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwilmot
If you go to the BMW of Santa Cruz website and then peruse through the Wunderlich link, you can find an "Airman" air pump for $19.95 on sale which comes equipped with the plug which fits the accessory outlet. Also, if you look around hard enough, they have two or three different cigarette lighter type adapters, and also a "Hella" accessory plug to retrofit onto an electrical accessory.
Chuck,

Unfortunately, they do not give dimensions. I wonder how large it is? Also would cost around $10 to ship it to east coast. Otherwise, looks like one heck of a deal.

Don

P.S. Also see a small unit listed on the Cycle Gadgets site. Powersports? Slime? Anybody have any experience with this unit?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2007, 11:08 am
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongold
Unfortunately, they do not give dimensions. I wonder how large it is? Also would cost around $10 to ship it to east coast. Otherwise, looks like one heck of a deal.
If you go to the detail page there is a pic of "somewhere in Russia" with a guy using one to air up his back tire, and you can see the size relative to his tire. Not that I'm advocating this specific pump. Just pointing out where one is with the appropriate plug. The Pirate also used to sell a smaller unit but doesn't anymore. I bought his used one, and it is much smaller than the pump in the photo, but it was much more expensive too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode