Pilot Road 2's - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 5:28 pm Thread Starter
Strafist

Pilot Road 2's

Guess what was waiting at my gate when I got home this afternoon?

I'm confused. Here's a pic of the tires, both facing the correct direction. It would seem that the sipes on the front tire wouldn't direct water off the tire faced this way. Big arrow that says front, but it just don't seem right.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:49 am
Enthusiast

Pilot Sports

Just out of intrest had a look at my Pilot Sports on my K1200S.The pattern looks simular, but instead of the inverted U shape it is broken at the tyre centre.Looks like you have the tyres the correct way,funny but true! cheers Andrew
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 8:27 am Thread Starter
Strafist

Thanks man. I've seen several pics now and it would seem that's the way they go. Doesn't make sense, but what the hell.

-=grif=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:04 pm
Enthusiast

Grif - go to this month's (NOVEMBER 2007) CycleWorld, page 113. There is an evaluation of the Pilot Road 2s. First, your photo is absolutely correct. They face in seemingly opposite directions as you'll see in the magazine. Second, CW gives them a thumbs way up review. I have a pair and at 4750 miles, they are still in excellent shape. That dual compound must really work as I find them pretty sticky in turns and barely worn in the middle. (Note - I have ABS so I miss out on the burnouts...) Be curious what you think when you get a few miles as I'm sure your more experienced than me. I'll buy another pair straight up next set.

2007 K1200R Sport w/ Leo Vince EvoII titanium slip-on. They say that moving sucks. I rather like it, when it's on my bike.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:13 am

pilot road 2's

I have not had to put mine on yet. Still using the BT's that came with the bike. I have 6300 miles and probably have another 1000 to go according to my dealer. I am curious on how others think of theirs. Also was going to put a smart tire kit on but I did not like the add on look. Will wait for the wireless thing coming out that the KC dealership told me about.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:50 pm
Super Moderator

I am new on PR 2s:

nice tires.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:54 pm Thread Starter
Strafist

I tell you what, that is prolly one of the purdiest around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSM62
I am new on PR 2s:

nice tires.

-=grif=-
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:56 pm Thread Starter
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingedwards
Grif - go to this month's (NOVEMBER 2007) CycleWorld, page 113. There is an evaluation of the Pilot Road 2s. First, your photo is absolutely correct. They face in seemingly opposite directions as you'll see in the magazine. Second, CW gives them a thumbs way up review. I have a pair and at 4750 miles, they are still in excellent shape. That dual compound must really work as I find them pretty sticky in turns and barely worn in the middle. (Note - I have ABS so I miss out on the burnouts...) Be curious what you think when you get a few miles as I'm sure your more experienced than me. I'll buy another pair straight up next set.
I'm loving them. There is some concern that they aren't rated for the GT. One feller (Todd, GT-1) had a big blowout on the rear. The Michelin factory says they're no bueno por nada for the GT.

Me, I'm not losing sleep over it. They're rated for 805 lbs and that's what the Conti Road Attacks that I ran the absolute goat snot out of were rated.

-=grif=-
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 1:06 pm

I talked to the Omaha dealer about Todd's blow out. They said that Michelin will replace the tire and that the PR2's are okay to put on the 06 and up GT's. I will not lose sleep either.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 9:31 pm
Let's Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophool
I talked to the Omaha dealer about Todd's blow out. They said that Michelin will replace the tire and that the PR2's are okay to put on the 06 and up GT's. I will not lose sleep either.
Audiophool is right: now the Michelin rep. is replacing my tires with PR2's, saying the tire is just fine for the GT2. The only problem now is finding the tire, I guess the PR2's are really popular. I really did like how the tire handled, how it laid in the turns, and how it gave sure footing when wet. Hopefully, this time I can find out how well the tire wears.

2006 K1200GT
2009 G450X
2004 KTM525 SX
199? Dune Buggie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode