Avon Storms on K1200R - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 7:30 pm Thread Starter

Avon Storms on K1200R

Once I burned up the "dangerous in the twisties" Pilot Roads that came on the bike, I've been using M3's on my K1200R. For me, a great tire for twistie riding which is mostly, by far what I ride since I live in twisties. They don't last long though...duh.

Since I plan to do more distance riding to other twisties this year, I was thinking about Storms for the K bike. I have used them on my brand X twistie bikes with great results. Best cornering S/T tire I've ever ridden. As advertised I think the Avon Storms contact patch does remain large when leaned over all the way. I have yet to slide one and they turn in reasonably quick.

So, does anyone else have them on a K1200R or S? If so, whaddya think??

Thanks,

Bent....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2008, 1:41 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent
Once I burned up the "dangerous in the twisties" Pilot Roads that came on the bike, I've been using M3's on my K1200R. For me, a great tire for twistie riding which is mostly, by far what I ride since I live in twisties. They don't last long though...duh.

Since I plan to do more distance riding to other twisties this year, I was thinking about Storms for the K bike. I have used them on my brand X twistie bikes with great results. Best cornering S/T tire I've ever ridden. As advertised I think the Avon Storms contact patch does remain large when leaned over all the way. I have yet to slide one and they turn in reasonably quick.

So, does anyone else have them on a K1200R or S? If so, whaddya think??

Thanks,

Bent....
They've been excellent on the GT even making a terrific track day tire. I currently have over 9k miles and they look good for another 3 - 5k.

Great cornering, excellent stability and wet weather traction. I paid $300 F & R, installed and balanced last season. I'll be going there again this year.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2008, 3:42 pm
Addict

I had them on my 2004 KGT and loved them! I think i got about 3500 miles from them. More about my right wrist than the tire's ability to last.

Gravity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode