BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Avon Storms on K1200R

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Gravity 
#1 ·
Once I burned up the "dangerous in the twisties" Pilot Roads that came on the bike, I've been using M3's on my K1200R. For me, a great tire for twistie riding which is mostly, by far what I ride since I live in twisties. They don't last long though...duh.

Since I plan to do more distance riding to other twisties this year, I was thinking about Storms for the K bike. I have used them on my brand X twistie bikes with great results. Best cornering S/T tire I've ever ridden. As advertised I think the Avon Storms contact patch does remain large when leaned over all the way. I have yet to slide one and they turn in reasonably quick.

So, does anyone else have them on a K1200R or S? If so, whaddya think??

Thanks,

Bent.... :)

#2 ·
Bent said:
Once I burned up the "dangerous in the twisties" Pilot Roads that came on the bike, I've been using M3's on my K1200R. For me, a great tire for twistie riding which is mostly, by far what I ride since I live in twisties. They don't last long though...duh.

Since I plan to do more distance riding to other twisties this year, I was thinking about Storms for the K bike. I have used them on my brand X twistie bikes with great results. Best cornering S/T tire I've ever ridden. As advertised I think the Avon Storms contact patch does remain large when leaned over all the way. I have yet to slide one and they turn in reasonably quick.

So, does anyone else have them on a K1200R or S? If so, whaddya think??

Thanks,

Bent.... :)
They've been excellent on the GT even making a terrific track day tire. I currently have over 9k miles and they look good for another 3 - 5k.

Great cornering, excellent stability and wet weather traction. I paid $300 F & R, installed and balanced last season. I'll be going there again this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.