Michelin PR3s - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2011, 9:52 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Michelin PR3s

The new Michelin PR3s are out!

Came across a reference to them on ADVrider, sent me Googleing and look who I found on my first hit!
http://alpinebiker.com/blog/?p=1591

Then followed his links and there they are.....sorry it is in French, I could translate but my connection sucks today.

http://www.moto-station.com/article1...t-road-3-.html

And yes already available in the USA, B ratings too! Sure looks like they made a good thing even better, excuse my bias, Dad was a Michelin dealer, I like Bibendum and my rear PR2 was the tire I could not kill last summer.

Better pics, some info and prices here:

http://www.discount-motorcycletires....c/sdetail/1918

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2011, 2:23 pm
Noob

Need nNew tires size rear

New just joined need advice on tire size rear--now 180--55--17
K1200r late 2007
What brand tire? Thanks in Florida waiting for warm weather
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2011, 6:16 pm
Enthusiast

Scoop motorcycle tire: All about the new Michelin Pilot Road 3!
Photo
Promising replacement for the bestseller Pilot Road 2 Michelin Pilot Road 3 will be released early 2011! We were able to find copies of presentation materials and information about motorcycle tire Sport / GT announcing no fewer than three major innovations and promises more grip in the wet and less wear! Once again, Moto-Station.com you said, a step ahead ...
Maj : 17-12-2010 Maj: 17-12-2010

Intro Intro

Michelin Pilot Road 2 motorcycle radial tire is the most sold in France in recent years. If it is difficult to confirm the absence of digits "market" the official, the number of your views in our maxitest Michelin Pilot Road 2 already gives an interesting indication: 17/12/10 with 78 responses, the tire is the first in terms of popularity on Moto-Station.com, himself the first French motorcycle information site. Moreover, it is known that the category of so-called Sport GT tires represent nearly 45% of motorcycle tire market in France, The Pilot Road 2 was rushed to market in 2007 by introducing the dual rubber technology (on the front tire and rear) on a tire Sport GT widely. Ensconced on the market since being almost unanimously, including the tire maxitest Moto-Station.com with a pretty average rating of 8.63 / 10, the Pilot Road 2 would probably have been maintained yet season at the top of the range of road bike tires / Michelin sport. However, sales representatives of the mark are currently intense presentation in French motorcycle dealer networks. The reason has a name: Michelin Pilot Road 3, the replacement of the current PR2 (which remains in the catalog) and new 2011 motorcycle tire very strategic for manufacturing ... Moto-Station.com attended incognito to the commercial presentation of PR3 in concession prior to its arrival on the market in January 2011. Here's what to remember.

Michelin Pilot Road 3 Three exclusive patents for the new sport bike tire / Michelin Pilot GT Road 3

At the outset, we note the peculiar sculpture of the new Michelin will certainly date for its design, at least. The front tire looks like, say, by far, was tire "rain" bike tour for a tire or "winter" car (even if motorcycle tires are good in winter Heidenau for small cars trails or some mid size). The multiplication of ribs - or "slices" (named for X XST Sipe Technology) - over the entire surface of the front tire maintains this relationship with special winter tires. We note then sculptures large aware of the tread to the shoulder of the tire. They are designed to shed water, while small plates are responsible for breaking the water film on wet surfaces regularly. The aim is to ensure maximum grip forward and dry up the road at the tread for traction at the rear. These lines of work are not new, all manufacturers have been working long. However, Michelin filed a patent to protect its technology related to such famous strips.

The rear tire has a rounded shape and many sculptures, near what is known about the Pilot Road 2. However, new sculptures, fine appear. They are distributed over the tread and sides to the shoulder of the tire. These include micro sculptures "reservoirs", which is a second patent filed by Michelin. The goal is, again, to hunt water to ensure better traction and better grip during braking to prevent evasions of the rear when the bike is supported on its front tire. The modern road bikes, equipped with powerful brakes and ABS braking dispatchers, will without doubt their status as "brakeman secure" highlight this aspect through the tire.
Moreover, the tires front and rear Pilot Road 3 retain the two-compound technology. The train still has a new rubber compound and a new distribution of soft rubber, medium or hard, this being a third patent. The goal of this redesign is to increase the grip on dry curve while increasing the life span. According to Michelin, the sculptures are deeper, with a thicker rubber. Consequently, according to their own tests and parallel tests conducted by Dekra - an independent organization that stands out - the life expectancy of the drill Pilot Road 3 would be higher than the Pilot Road 2.
At 6000 kilometers, the visual difference between the two trains would be obvious. Either, but all manufacturers are unanimous on the fact that a tire is still a matter of compromise: a gain recorded on one side disadvantage often another feature of the tire. However, when we think the issue with the Michelin representative responsible for promoting the Pilot Road 3, it states: "No, the Pilot Road 3 will keep intact the other qualities of the current Pilot Road 2. Admit, but a test in good and due form we will confirm and return in the motorcycle tire maxitest this next Michelin Pilot Road 3.

Michelin Pilot Road 3 !
Michelin PR3 : availability and rates

The first Michelin Pilot Road 3 will arrive at retailers in early January 2011, if the battle plan is fulfilled. only the common sizes available in 17 inch. But later in the spring, the Pilot Road 3 will be available in a range of sizes even larger than the Pilot Road 2, with the possibility of putting on the Pilot Road 3 on small displacement of 500 cm3 or less, and on most trails with wheels 19-inch front and 17 inches at the rear. A strategy that clearly demonstrates the ambitions of the brand of Clermont-Ferrand with its new and exciting motorcycle tire. We should test the Pilot Road 3 in early spring 2011.
Note that the Pilot Road 3 does not replace the Pilot Road 2, which will always be made in 2011, without particular promotion seems. The Michelin Pilot Road 3 should be sold with an inflation rate slightly from the Pilot Road 2. A train of Pilot Road 2 in 120/70 and 180/55 x 17 x 17 costs around 280 , are expecting less than 300 for a package of PR3 in the same size (estimated Moto-Station.com).
New 2011 motorcycle tire Michelin Pilot Road 3, the basics:
Any new sport bike tire bigomme GT
Introduced three patents for the blades, the shells found in the sculptures and the new technology gum bi
Areas of work: to improve the wet grip and longevity
Sculpture by unprecedented technology XST lamellae present on the front tire
Available early January 2011 in the standard sizes
Available in spring 2011 for most of the roadsters and market road, including some small cars and most of the trails
Slight inflation rate
The Michelin Pilot Road 3 does not replace the Pilot Road 2, which remains in the catalog
Distribution of the tire market: 45% for the Sport GT, 48% for supersport, 4% for the tire trail, 2% for the tire circuit, 1% for the custom

Competitors of Michelin Pilot Road 3:
- Dunlop RoadSmart - Dunlop ROADSMART
- Bridgestone BT-023 - Bridgestone BT-023
- Pirelli Angel ST - Pirelli Angel ST
- Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8 - Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8
- Continental Conti Road Attack 2 - Continental Conti Road Attack 2

Par Christophe Le Mao Christophe Le Mao

'91 K75S
'06 K1200S
BMWMOA # 119240
Yankee Beemer # 153
NRA # 154764753
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669
The new Michelin PR3s are out!

Came across a reference to them on ADVrider, sent me Googleing and look who I found on my first hit!
http://alpinebiker.com/blog/?p=1591

Then followed his links and there they are.....sorry it is in French, I could translate but my connection sucks today.

http://www.moto-station.com/article1...t-road-3-.html

And yes already available in the USA, B ratings too! Sure looks like they made a good thing even better, excuse my bias, Dad was a Michelin dealer, I like Bibendum and my rear PR2 was the tire I could not kill last summer.

Better pics, some info and prices here:

http://www.discount-motorcycletires....c/sdetail/1918
Thanks for doing the homework on this Pierre,

Now if we can get Motorcycle Superstore to carry them for the same price here on the west coast we'll be in business.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 4:49 pm
Noob

I just put the Road Pilot 3 Michelin's on my K bike and have 2000 on the front and 1000 on the back. Wonderful feel on the bike, responsive and good grip. Time will tell how many miles they are good for, but I hope at least 8000, as anything less gets kind of expensive on the wallet....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode