Conti Road Attacks on Ebay - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2006, 1:09 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Conti Road Attacks on Ebay

Just purchased a new set of Conti Road Attacks on EBay for $205. Shipping was free. The tires actually come from Tires4fun.com, out of Paintsville, Kentucky. They have an EBay store with somewhat better pricing than their website. Just plug in "Continental Road Attack" into your Ebay search engine and it will put you where you want to go.

Having never dealt with these folks before, I have no idea of how ethical they are or how customer oriented they are. However, I will give everyone an update once I receive the tires and complete this transaction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2006, 1:45 pm
Addict

I bought a set for $211 (delivered, with 180/55 rear) from Competition Accessories last June. I did notice that the manufacturing date code indicated one of them was nearly a year old. Just something to keep in mind when you get a great deal on tires. Two or three years old probably makes a difference.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2006, 4:39 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

ChrisPat,

The vendor claims these are "factory fresh" tires, no blemishes. Feedback from others who have ordered from this company was very positive. However, I will check the manufacturing date on the tires as soon as they arrive. As always, with EBay you never really know until your order arrives. By the way, the tires are for my KGT: 120/70/ ZR 17 Front, and 180/55 ZR 17 rear.

OkeefenokeeJoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2006, 6:19 pm
Enthusiast

Checking the manufacture date is a must if you are buying off ebay, get a set a couple years old and they will slide all over the place when pushed.

05 K1200S Blue (street bike)
01 996 Yellow (trackbike)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2006, 6:25 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Okay....just got an email response from the EBay vendor (tires4fun.com). They have assured me that "ALL our tires are fresh, no old inventory, no blems." We'll see. Since this is the least expensive price for a set of Conti Road Attacks ($205, with free shipping) that I have found, I will update you on the age of the tires when mine are delivered.

OkeefenokeeJoe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2006, 6:34 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Yesterday, upon arriving home from work, I discovered the Continental Road Attacks I had ordered through EBay sitting on the front porch. Both tires were contained rather loosely inside a large box and appeared to be in good order. The front tire was manufactured in May '05. The rear tire was manufactured in October '04, slightly over 1 year old. I will attempt to have these tires mounted within the next few days. So far, so good.

OkeefenokeeJoe
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2006, 6:45 pm
ivo
Just saying hey

Question Conti Road Attacks German or Korean made?

I got set today from a local dealer.Rear tire was Made in Germany and front tire was Made in Korea.Can they have different compound if they are made in a different countries?Should I return Korean one and ask for German made front tire?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2006, 11:56 pm
Addict

Quote:
Rear tire was Made in Germany and front tire was Made in Korea.
I don't know that you'll find what you want. My pair is the same. No telling what the compounds are. Maybe you should call the company and clue us all in.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo
I got set today from a local dealer.Rear tire was Made in Germany and front tire was Made in Korea.Can they have different compound if they are made in a different countries?Should I return Korean one and ask for German made front tire?
How did you choose Germany over Korea? Anyway, I don't consider it at all important to have the same compound on front and back. Many riders prefer a stickier tire on one end or the other and it depends on how your bike is set up. I like a stickier tire on the back of my R11RS. On the K-bike, it seems to turn more with the front tire right now but I need to play with the suspension before I decide for sure. I've got a road attack ordered for the front and have a practically new Z6 in the rear. It'll wear out soon enough. --Jerry
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2006, 9:43 am
Veteran

Thumbs up

My girlfriend runs Conti Sport Attacks on her bike, and she loves them. I've ridden the bike too and I like them so much that I'll probably stick a set on my K1200R

Let us know how you get on with yours

F800GS - Grey/Black
KTM SuperDuke R
K1200R - Yellow/Black - Crashed 2008-09-01. I'm an eedjit.
Site: JLHPv5, Weblog: JLHPBv2
'Ring Toy - Evo Race Filters - Sportec M3 - Sandbar Dogbones - Tidy Tail - USB Power Plug - eTrex Legend C - Abba Superbike stand - R&G Crash Protectors (tested!) - Relocated Battery - Pirelli Diablo Corsa III (190/55 rear) - Evo O2 Modifier - Pazzo Levers - Earl's Straight Braided Brake Hoses - Wilbers Fully Adjustable Shocks Front and Rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode