Michelin Pilot Road 4's - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 6:56 am Thread Starter

Location: Dublin / Belfast, Dublin / Down, Ireland / Northern Ireland
Michelin Pilot Road 4's

Just got a set of these a couple of weeks ago on my K1200GT to replace my usual choice of PR3's - I do high mileage (20,000 miles a year on average) and mostly motorway, in all weathers and all year round so they will be getting a thorough road test in real world conditions (I'll keep you posted).

I was getting a distinctive wear pattern on the front of my PR3's best described as "scalloping" which was meaning that I was always replacing them in pairs (rather than 2 rears to a front as with previous bikes and tyres). My fitter explained that Michelin have had a lot of complaints about this very issue causing them to upgrade the PR3's with 2 new strips either side of the centre tread of the front tyre to help with this issue. The rear remains largely unchanged other than a slightly different tread pattern.

Let's see if it works....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2014, 8:23 pm
Addict

runn'n the p4's on my gs and they are awesome and you'll get 10-k plus milage even with aggressive riding ..maybe not so much on the gt cause its a pig but for the gs they grip in the twisties aswell..great tyre

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode