ContiRoadAttack - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 9:29 am Thread Starter
Addict

Question ContiRoadAttack

Has anyone used Continental Road Attack tires? According to the Continental website, BMW has specified them as OEM tires for the new R1200RT which uses the same size as the K1200GT.

Lache pas la patate

Robert Odendahl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 12:49 pm
No bogey's twist wrist

road attacks

In my quest for a longer lasting tire I have tried them so far they were the best for my GT see other posting tire life for spirited riders. Dkeven

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 1:34 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Post I hope so . . .

I got 5,500 miles on the original Bridgestone BT020.
I got 8,500 miles from the Michelin Pilot Roads.

I hope the ContiRoadAttack's handle well and last 10,000. Continental claim that these tires have 12% more tread. 12% more than ??? is what intend to find out.

Lache pas la patate

Robert Odendahl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 4:49 pm

I have the C.A's on the "K"

What a great tire! Wet/dry/rain or shine, I have never had a better tire on the "K" yet. Had the MeZ4 Bad, bad , bad....then went to Michelin sports, then roads.

I only have 1000 miles or so on the CA's, but I'm liking what I feel. Hopefully they will wear better than the 5500 I usually see on the rear. We'll see. If I get the milage along with the feel, then this will be a perfect marriage.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Conti RoadAttacks

I have a couple of thousand miles on Road Attacks on my 04 K1200GT. I think they are better than the original Bridgestones & the first replacement Meztler Z4s as far as traction goes. Also the bike always used to pull to the right with the other tires and now it doesn't with these RoadAttacks, smooth quiet ride too. They seem like a soft compound tire though, we'll see how they last. 'stones & Meztlers both lasted 8000 miles. $223 delivered to my door from swmototire.com

Ron Tank
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 9:57 am Thread Starter
Addict

I had the Conti Road Attacks installed yesterday.
The ride home was amazing. The handling seemed quicker.

Lache pas la patate

Robert Odendahl
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 11:15 am
No bogey's twist wrist

Smile Road Attacks

Fresh non-flattened tires always feel better, bike almost falls into the curves as you are used to pushing it in on the flattened ones. I went from the R.A,s to Avons with the same feeling. I did experience some handlebar flutter when using no hands the last 500 miles or so on the Road Attacks and others have posted about it on the Avons, just tire wear I believe.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 3:33 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs down Conti's don't do it for me!!

I've tried most in 71,000 miles, I've had a Conti on the front for about 750 miles. Twice in very hard rights the front slid. I'll be going back to Avon.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2005, 9:27 pm
Veteran

Done about 6 thou k on the Road Attacks. Thinking of buying another set just in case they stop making them. Got a long way to go before they are worn out and they stick like shit to a blanket. I would buy them again even if I did not have a friend selling them to me wholesale. And yes I have heard BM are fitting them standard
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 3:35 pm
Enthusiast

Smile

After less than 2,000 miles, with lots of tread left I replaced my front Conti road attack with a Pilot Power. I have to think there was something wrong with the Conti. I had no problems in left hand turns but in right the front slid, the bike never felt planted, and in high speed sweepers I was getting a shimmy. Also the right side of the tire wore almost flat. If you run your hand over the tire the left side in smooth were as the right is rough as if it was dragging. In 72,500 miles I've never had this happen. Today with the Pilot Power up front the thing was back to it's old self, rock solid powering out of 90mph sweepers, and no front tire sliding. The powers also turn in faster and easier. For me for now it will be a PP up front with an Avon in the rear.

Last edited by billg; Nov 20th, 2005 at 3:51 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode