BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

New tankbag for my GT

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  tommac 
#1 ·
Since today my GT is equipped with a new gadget, a Bags-Connection tankbag. Not too big, not too small, just the right size for its purpose: keys, paperwork, wallet, mobile phone and other stuff you normally put in your pockets. The bag is mounted on the tank with a so called Quick-Lock system: hook the bag to the ring on the tank, press until it locks; pull a cord and you can simply detach the bag.

Here some pictures:

At first instance I wanted to mount the bag a bit further forward, but then it didn't have enough clearance with the horn and signal cancel buttons. I like it the way it's mounted now.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just ordered an "Engage XL" bag from Twisted Throttle a couple of days ago. Looks just like the bag you have pictured. I was going to order this bag from Pirate, but his site said "coming soon". Tell me about the bag, any comments?

#3 ·
GT-1 said:
Tell me about the bag, any comments?
I'll report here once I've used it on a few trips. No experiences yet (well, except for installing it, of course).

#5 ·
Here you are:

Looking inside in the direction of the saddle:

On the lid there is a small pocket for the mobile phone.

The red division inside is detachable (velcro).

Looking in the direction of the handlebar:

You can see the plastic plate at the inside that holds the screws.

The bottom side of the bag, with the ring that attaches to the ring on the tank:

As you can see you can position the bag to your liking. Mine is as far forward as the handlebars will allow.

Pull the chord to release the locking pin from the ring on the tank:

I've used the bag today on a small trip. Very convenient at a stop, just detach the bag in an instant and take all your things with you. When you come back the bag is put back in two seconds.

#7 ·
®win,

Now that you've had the Engage tankbag for awhile, are you satisfied with it? And if you are using a GPS unit on the BMW mount, as it appears you might be, does the Engage allow adequate visibiltiy of the GPS screen?

Thanks.

#8 ·
Hi Bud,

Yes I am happy with the tank bag. I didn't buy it to carry a lot of stuff in it, just small items like my wallet, mobile phone, vehicle documentation, keys, etc. For that purpose the bag is of excellent size. Placing the bag and removing it is very simple, the bag is mounted secure.

Indeed I have the BMW mount, that carries the Zumo. On the picture above the Zumo mount was returned for repairs. I have it all geared up now and the tank bag doesn't block view on the Zumo in any way.

#9 ·
Erwin,

Many thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking for a tankbag that I can use for small items, as well. The problem with most is that the view of my Garmin 2730 is blocked, but it looks like the Engage is the solution.

Enjoy that beautiful GT!

All the best,

Bud

#10 ·
GT-1 said:
I just ordered an "Engage XL" bag from Twisted Throttle a couple of days ago. Looks just like the bag you have pictured. I was going to order this bag from Pirate, but his site said "coming soon". Tell me about the bag, any comments?
FYI - Pirates website now lists them as "In Stock", and they are way cool.... :D

#11 ·
Different approach

I have just bought and fitted a Bagstar tank cover and Medea bag for my bike. The cover is a very good fit and easy to install. The bag and cover are still new and stiff but experience tells me that they mould more closely into the shape of the tank in a short time. The tankbag is shown (in the link below) at its smallest and it unzips to expand to about 34 litres or about the same as a pannier. There is no fouling of the handlebars or controls.

There are lots of different tank bags, some big, some small.

You can pictures here http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=7755 or more details at www.bagster.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.