How do I remove old bar ends for install of new throttlemeister? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2007, 5:35 pm Thread Starter

How do I remove old bar ends for install of new throttlemeister?

Hi all, well I can remove the weight, but what about the peice the the original screw treaded into?

James

06 k12r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2007, 3:18 am
Addict

I'm completely ignorant about these things but have seen many on Jap bikes, few on Beemers. They come in bright anodised colors and look pretty. I'm not sure how effective they are though.

I suspect they fit like the 'Rawlbolts'. There's an inner expanding sleeve with a tapered 'wedge' drilled and tapped for the bar weight. As you screw in the bar weight the sleeve expands to grip the inside of the tube.

If it's like this you'll have to knock the inner part (wedge) further in to release pressure on the sleeve, then try to pull the sleeve out. The sleeve may still be tight so release agent and something like a blind bearing puller might get in there, or a slide hammer with a hooked tip.

If you're lucky and they made the inner parts from plastic, some heat may help.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2007, 5:20 pm

Mine were stuck real good too ... I had to squirt a bit of WD40 up the pipe and let it sit a while ... then used the bolt to screw into the thing stuck in the bar ... without the weight ... and a pair of vice grips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode